jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (24 posts)

Do you prefer cold pizza or hot pizza?

1. davidlivermore profile image98
    davidlivermoreposted 4 years ago

Do you prefer cold pizza or hot pizza?

Recently I ate some pizza I nuked in the microwave, and just now some cold pizza.  It was good both ways!  Which do you prefer?

2. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

Hot. No question. That's it. End of discussion. (SHEESH! The ends to which we are forced to go to avoid that little red 'too short' warning.)

davidlivermoreposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I suppose I should have asked "Why" right after which one people prefer.  Funny comment!

3. Neinahpets profile image86
    Neinahpetsposted 4 years ago

Definitely hot pizza.  But not just any hot pizza, no way!  I love reheated pizza nuked in the microwave.  Sounds nuts, right?  Well, I think it's best this way because the cheese melts so much more than via oven or take out and the dough is super soft, which I favor.  Oven baked pizza tends to be super crispy or dry for me and I do not like that.

I have had cold pizza before and while it can be good (mostly for a supreme pizza so can have the crispy onion and bell peppers), you just can't beat a warm, cheesy pizza.

If I'm not feeling lazy I re-heat mine in the oven.  I tend to do that with the better quality pizza so I can get the same taste and texture.

2. Neinahpets profile image86
      Neinahpetsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's a smart thing.  My husband does the same thing.  ...which for me is the reason I don't reheat it that way since I prefer it doughy.  So many different tastes!

4. Bobski606 profile image87
    Bobski606posted 4 years ago

If I really had to choose then I would say hot pizza. We used to have cold pizza all the time as left overs from Friday night but then for some reason I started to get an ulcer the day after - I think it was something to do with the acidity change in the tomato based sauce. Since then I've always preferred it hot to avoid having an uncomfortable mouth the next day. Don't get me wrong though if it wasn't for the ulcer I would still eat my pizza cold, it just doesn't agree with me.

5. Dusana1234 profile image59
    Dusana1234posted 4 years ago

Nice hot pizza, we are about to order. But pizza garlic bread taste also good cold.
    Bonne appetit!

6. Stina Caxe profile image85
    Stina Caxeposted 4 years ago

I guess I am the odd woman out... I prefer cold pizza!

Nothing wrong with that!  I like cold pizza nice and thick.  Tastes better that way.

7. MarieAlana1 profile image71
    MarieAlana1posted 4 years ago

I don't really eat pizza. If I had to eat pizza, I would eat it without cheese and warmed up with a whole bunch of vegetable toppings on top.

8. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I prefer hot pizza but I also enjoy it cold.  Pizza is always good. I really like the leftovers for breakfast.

9. Sharkye11 profile image94
    Sharkye11posted 4 years ago

I like it hot when it is fresh. But I love it cold when it is leftover. i never reheat it after it has been refrigerated. Seems like it makes the flavors more intense to eat it cold.

10. lupine profile image72
    lupineposted 4 years ago

I prefer hot pizza, when it's just made. Had it cold before, but didn't care for it. Don't like it reheated in the microwave either...it's good reheated in a regular toaster, try it!

11. joanwz profile image76
    joanwzposted 4 years ago

Cold is okay, but I much pefer hot pizza, right out of the oven. We make ours at home, which means we get to choose what we put on it. Which is usually different for everone. It's also  a little cheaper than delivery.

12. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 4 years ago

I prefer my pizza fresh and hot from the oven. I don't like leftover pizza because the texture changes so much after it's been sitting in the refrigerator. My husband, though, likes pizza anyway: cold, hot, microwaved.

13. Theophanes profile image97
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

Hot (fresh!) pizza at night - cold pizza leftovers in the morning. smile Not a fan of microwaving anything.

14. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 4 years ago

I will eat cold pizza if I'm forced to, but my answer would be hot pizza. The reason is that cheese on cold pizza can get kind of rubbery and tough, but it becomes mushy and gooey (in a good way) when it's warmed up!

15. antoaneta70 profile image60
    antoaneta70posted 4 years ago

Hi!
    I prefer hot!
    But when it is cold, I serve it with a glass of white wine...yammmyyy!smile

16. Anselome profile image74
    Anselomeposted 4 years ago

Cold pizza all the way! I have burned my mouth way too many times on hot pizza. The honest truth is that no matter what temperature your pizza is, it ALWAYS tastes better with Ranch dip!

17. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

The very idea of cold pizza has me saying, "No thanks; nevermind; I decided I'm not hungry after all!"  Bleeccchh!!  Cold congealed grease from the meat, if you're eating a meat pizza--double-bleeeeccch!  (My son-in-law, on the other hand, will eat cold pizza spread with mustard!  Ick, ick, ick!)

I prefer vegetarian pizza in any case, but I want it HOT.

18. Steven Leconte profile image61
    Steven Leconteposted 4 years ago

Hot pizza is the best. I'd never consider eating a cold pizza.

19. krillco profile image94
    krillcoposted 4 years ago

Hot, with mustard. Yes, mustard. Sounds really really weird, but it tastes great!

20. Hannah Elise profile image86
    Hannah Eliseposted 3 years ago

Hot pizza! Those cold pizza people are crazy. I keep trying it, thinking maybe I'll change my mind...but nope. Blech. Melty cheese is a must.

working