jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What's the best way to marinate chicken?

1. sethpowers profile image70
    sethpowersposted 5 years ago

What's the best way to marinate chicken?

I only want responses that include basic ingredients you would find in a normal kitchen (olive oil, worcestershire, seasonings, etc.). Please include steps, times, and suggested cooking method.

2. huyenchi profile image73
    huyenchiposted 5 years ago

very simple, minced garlic, toast & freshly ground pepper, salt, sugar and oil ... sometimes you only need good pepper, salt with a good chicken - chargrill or stew both are good. I am sorry for I haven't develop a exact recipes

sethpowersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Typical marination time?

2. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Overnight is best for the most flavor.  Keep it covered too so the rest of the fridge doesn't pick up the marinade smell or taste.

3. huyenchi profile image73
      huyenchiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

it doesn't take much either, if you chop a chicken in 4 large pieces and squeeze/rub well. You can also use skewer and repeatedly prick it so it would marinate quicker, 15 - 30 minutes. Leave it a whole you can put seasoning into it abdomen then sew

4. sethpowers profile image70

Overnight seems like a long time, maybe I'll try something in between. Thanks for the tips!

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

For easy easy chicken. Take one chicken, cut up, and place on a baking sheet.  Pour bottled zesty Italian salad dressing over the top of the chicken. Bake at 305 deg. for 55 to 60 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.

Also another good one is the exact same but substitute Pace Picante Sauce for the dressing.  All other instructions are the same.

Or--take one cut up chicken and place in a glass dish . Pour teriyaki sauce over the chicken until covered. Place in fridge overnight and then bake the next day on a baking sheet, 350 deg. for 55 to 60 minutes.

Yes--we have simple tastes at our house--LOL

Yes that certainly is easy. Would it work just as well if I cooked it by some other method than baking?

2. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

As you can likely tell, I am not much of a cook. I guess you could grill the chicken on your BBQ.  So you have a crock pot.  chicken is really good that way, cook 8 hrs on low, 4 hrs on high, making sure there is no pink left in the ck'n.

working