jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to cook a steak?

1. lmarsh1203 profile image60
    lmarsh1203posted 6 years ago

What is the best way to cook a steak?

2. Fullerman5000 profile image61
    Fullerman5000posted 6 years ago

marinate it for at least 24 hours. I love grilling and i think it is the best way. i wrote a hub about it. hope it helps. http://fullerman5000.hubpages.com/hub/S … ious-Steak

3. renegadetory profile image99
    renegadetoryposted 6 years ago

I agree that grilling is best, taste wise.  But you can cook a great steak on the stove as well. 

A cast iron pan works best, but if you don't have that then a non-stick pan will suffice.  Make sure there is a small amount of oil and make sure your steaks are "dry" before adding them to the pan ( I dry them with paper towels) to get a good sear on them.

Based on the thickness of the steak, and how you like it done, the time that you cook it will vary, but always let your meat "rest" as in taking it off the heat and wrapping it in tin foil for 10 minutes before serving because the steak will continue to cook even after you take it off the heat.  I learned this the hard way.

4. shamani67 profile image61
    shamani67posted 6 years ago

You can't beat flame grilled steak. The flavour is out of this world.
    If you are cooking really thick steak on a hotplate you can cover the steak with a lid from a saucepan. This is very effective in restaurants. It helps to maintain the moisture in the meat.

working