jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

What is the best sandwich you ever tasted?

1. muiomuio profile image61
    muiomuioposted 5 years ago

What is the best sandwich you ever tasted?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

A TRUE philly cheese steak. Can't be beat.

1. profile image0
      Starmom41posted 5 years agoin reply to this

yeah, what he ^ said.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

smile

3. chef-de-jour profile image94
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

For me it has to be a cold beef, horseradish and salad sandwich I had in an Edinburgh pub one time, washed down with a local Tartan brew. Although at the opposite end of the sandwich spectrum sliced banana with honey and marmalade on wholemeal is also up there.
    (You may want to bite into a hub I created on sandwich fillers!)

4. pmolinero profile image61
    pmolineroposted 5 years ago

A Halloumi sandwich. ever since I tried it the first time, I am in love with it.

1. vespawoolf profile image96
      vespawoolfposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I had to look that one up. How can you beat a hot, grilled Greek sandwich? I'm definitely going to try this one out!

5. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

At a NY deli I ordered a Reuben sandwich. The rye bread was fresh and perfectly toasted, piled high with thinly sliced corned beef, melted swiss cheese, sauerkraut and the deli's own house dressing. I can still taste it now!

6. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

You are going to be so grossed out but when I was a kid, my favorite sandwich was one I made up when I couldn't reach the tuna on the top shelf.  I made mayo sandwiches with Pumpernickel bread and I would make one every day after school for about a year before I got tired of them.

7. profile image49
    Camille Pegramposted 5 years ago

Hands down...Philly cheese stake (but only in Philly)

8. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

a killer steak wrap..... diagonally sliced and seared steak, raw onions, pickles, tomatoes, hot peppers, lettuce and mayo. Oh so delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Since I'm a vegetarian, I'm going against the 'flow' of the others' answers.

My all-time favorite has to be grilled eggplant with roasted red peppers, hummus and raddichio and muenster cheese on a sourdough roll.

1. muiomuio profile image61
      muiomuioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That seems like a nice alternative to full beef sandwiches. What would you recommend instead of red peppers?

working