jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best ice cream place that you have ever been to?

1. jennzie profile image83
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

What is the best ice cream place that you have ever been to?

My favorite is called Duffer's, located in Wildwood, New Jersey. Hopefully I'll get to go there tonight since I'm vacationing in the area till Saturday- yay!

What's your favorite ice cream eatery?

2. Janine Huldie profile image88
    Janine Huldieposted 5 years ago

I loved going to Jahn's in Richmond Hill, NY as a young child.  It was a historical landmark and the ice cream was truly out of this world.  They even had something called "The Kitchen Sink", which pretty much fed a ton of people and was as large as the kitchen sink, lol!

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

It is called "Bonkeys".  It is a family owned business that makes their own icecream.  They have really good combinations and different types of dessert including chocolate covered bananas and chocolate covered cheesecake!!

4. opiningminion profile image60
    opiningminionposted 5 years ago

If gelato qualifies, then Capo Giro in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is the frozen delicacy that has won my heart. Since that first scoop I haven't been the same.

5. GiblinGirl profile image83
    GiblinGirlposted 5 years ago

I've always loved TCBY, although now it seems you can only find them at rest stops.

6. vespawoolf profile image98
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

There was a small ice cream parlor in the midwest called "Silas & Maddy's" that made the most wonderful ice cream the first few years it was open. The ice cream was smooth and they didn't skimp on fresh ingredients. I remember the blueberry cheesecake ice cream was full of lots of plump real fruit! The Rocky Road was full of big, fluffy chunks of marshmallow and lots of toasted almonds. But after they'd been open for a few years, the store became more commercial and lost its homemade quality.
    I enjoy Cold Stone Creamery ice cream stores because you can choose your own ingredients that are mixed in right before serving. It's pricy, but a nice occasional treat. I especially love their chocolate and peanut butter creations served on a waffle cone. Even the smallest size is too big for a dessert, though. It's more like a meal replacement!

7. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

Annabelle's ice cream in downtown Portsmouth NH, right on the waterfront. Everything is homemade and incredibly good!