jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Do you prefer plain pizza or pizza with a topping?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image89
    MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer plain pizza or pizza with a topping?

A famous pizza chain says their most popular topping is pepperoni, if you prefer a topping over plain pizza what is your favorite topping?

2. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

A truly plain pizza is focaccia. What we usually call "plain" is topped lightly with sauce and cheese. It is better called what it is, cheese pizza, typically thought of as New York style with a thin, flexible crust.

That is a semantic position, though, and I don't want to be pedantic. I think I know what you mean in asking the question: do I prefer light cheese pizza, or do I like to add additional things to it? The answer is that if I want a slice of it to fold up and eat while walking around, I want it simple, with nothing else on it, so I won't spill things all over my clothes. If I'm having it sitting down, I want a heavier version of a pizza pie, so I load it up with whatever seems good at the time.

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image89
      MomsTreasureChestposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I enjoy toppings unless I'm at Pizza Hut, then it's a delicious thick Pan Pizza, sauce and cheese, no toppings.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 5 years ago

A pizza without a topping is surely just a round, flat bread

1. Attikos profile image79
      Attikosposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Not necessarily even round ...

4. Claudia Tello profile image78
    Claudia Telloposted 5 years ago

I prefer pizza with vegetarian toppings; some of my favorites are zucchini-pesto, a Mexican vegetable called “Huauzontle” and mushrooms (I actually wrote a recipe hub about those). I also like the sweet and savory combination of prosciutto, figs and arugula.

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Toppings! Supreme is what my partner normally orders. But I love the green peppers, mushrooms, and black olives. These are a must!

6. Life and Luxury profile image83
    Life and Luxuryposted 5 years ago

Delicious question. I like pizza with toppings. I make my pizzas homemade, including the crust. First, I like a thick crust. My toppings are fresh mozzarella, sauteed eggplant slices, fresh spinach leaves, red bell pepper, black olives, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.

If I want meat I will use cut up Italian sausages. Needless to say, this makes a lot of pizza!

7. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

I prefer lots of cheese and pepperoni. A plain pizza just isn't the same. If I'm going to take in those extra calories I may as well enjoy what I'm eating.

8. mvillecat profile image78
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

Lots of great topping for us, especially different kinds of cheese. We love meat and olives too.

9. JesadaB profile image75
    JesadaBposted 5 years ago

We like the "white pizza" with alfredo sauce, spinach and feta cheese and onions preferably red onions sliced very thin. Neither one of my kids will eat that, so one gets cheese pizza and the other tops on pepperoni and bacon.

10. CatsPage profile image73
    CatsPageposted 5 years ago

While plain pizza is what I buy most often, having a "pizza with the works" is the best.! Everything from onions to pepperoni and sausage to peppers, but no anchovies please..

11. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

I love a cheese pizza but my favorite toppings are mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, mushrooms, pepperoni, black olives and roasted red peppers.