jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

What are some easy ways to suppress appetite?

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image88
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago

What are some easy ways to suppress appetite?

Looking for some ideas and tips to control hunger and suppress appetite...preferably naturally so without any pills.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Drink a lot of water. If you cut back on what you eat, at least take a good multivitamin!

3. LA Elsen profile image83
    LA Elsenposted 5 years ago

I recently, one at a time, gave up diet soda, then caffiene and my appetite has pretty much regulated itself. I blamed stress for my nervous eating, but the caffiene and diet pop was probably more to blame. I agree with drinking lots of water and a multi-vitamin. Do not take diet pills because from my experience they cause your body more harm than good. Good Luck!

4. LaThing profile image74
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

Agree with Georgie, drink lots of water, and also, what I find helpful is, keep healthy snacks around and eat small meals, five times a day. Don't starve yourself before a meal.

1. Georgie Lowery profile image94
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is exactly how I've lost weight. Small meals all day long and lots of water.

5. Claudia Tello profile image77
    Claudia Telloposted 5 years ago

I am with LA Elsen, drinking more water, making water your drink of choice, keeping yourself hydrated without sugar/insulin peaks or stimulants makes your body balanced and less prone to eating. Many times when we are hungry we are actually dehydrated. Once we feel thirsty we are way dehydrated, the water intake should be constant throughout the day.

6. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

Peruvian grandmothers says to squeeze the juice of one lemon into a glass of water and drink 15 minutes before eating, 3 times a day. They say not only does it suppress your appetite, but revs the metabolism. It's worth a try anyway!

7. Farmer Rachel profile image99
    Farmer Rachelposted 5 years ago

The best way to suppress your appetite is to feed yourself properly. read more

8. Rosie writes profile image83
    Rosie writesposted 5 years ago

(Wu-long)OO-long tea boosts your metabolism and recent studies show it is effective in causing weightloss.  It is a healthy natural alternative to pills.

9. DreamerMeg profile image90
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

Eat more protein with your meals. It takes your body longer to digest protein, so you feel full for longer. Some of my favourite breakfasts (or lunches) are:
    * hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, poached egg on toast
    * tinned tuna, with maybe some chopped onion and a little mayonnaise
    * For a cereal, I like milled flaxseed, it's a natural cereal and high in protein.

10. Janellegems profile image69
    Janellegemsposted 5 years ago

Drink 2 cups of white tea before eating lunch and green tea after dinner.

11. Diana Lee profile image82
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

Drink a large glass of water before meals it helps make you feel full faster. Write instead of snacking. This works. It has sure helped me. Anything to occupy your mind away from food helps.

12. munzine profile image61
    munzineposted 5 years ago

~Water and Tea. Lots of it
    ~small frequent meals
    ~reduce your carbs and fill up instead on healthy fats (avocado, nuts, even meat-so long as it's not fried or something).
    ~light exercise, a walk often is all you need, if you go over you might get hungry. That said if all you're doing is watching tv, I think a walk actually helps reduce appetite.
    ~keep busy, It sounds weird but if my mind is on other things I rarely think about food.

working