jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

How to overcome hangover?

1. simonpeter35 profile image61
    simonpeter35posted 6 years ago

How to overcome hangover?

2. tenaciousgui profile image59
    tenaciousguiposted 6 years ago

drink lots and lots of water!

also, coffee works for me!

3. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

More beer!!

4. stricktlydating profile image80
    stricktlydatingposted 6 years ago

Best to sleep it off if you can, and keep up your water intake.

5. jdavis88 profile image94
    jdavis88posted 6 years ago

Definitely water and electrolytes.  Many people will drink lots of water the next day, but if you can, drink a gatorade before you go to sleep. 

In my line of work, I can tell you that a liter of saline given by IV can knock out almost any hangover, and that is water and electrolyte.

6. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

Nothing can really force alcohol out of your system, because there is a certain rate at which you become sober. But do drink a lot of water to rehydrate.

7. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

Before you go to sleep after drinking all night, you should drink twice as much water. It will decrease your chance of a hangover. But if you already have a hangover drink gatorade! It has many electrolytes which will help. Also, advil is great!

8. pedrog profile image60
    pedrogposted 6 years ago
  9. crankalicious profile image92
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

While you're drinking, drink a glass of water for every drink you consume. Hangovers are mostly caused by dehydration.

10. Absent Friend profile image60
    Absent Friendposted 6 years ago

Don't drink, in the first place!!!
    At least is there any need to drink so much alcohol as to get to that point?

11. profile image0
    marellenposted 6 years ago

don't drink and that's your best solution but if you have a hangover the best thing is aspirin, take it easy for the day and drink water.

12. KatrinaKe profile image58
    KatrinaKeposted 6 years ago

I've found that french fries do the trick - especially reheated ones without too much salt - to help with any queasiness. Drinking a lot of water also helps too.

I've heard that taking a multivitamin the night of (as long as you haven't already taken one that day) is supposed to help, but I've never tried it.

13. mommyneal6 profile image78
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

Two tylenol and a glass of water the before you pass out. You have a hangover because you have dehydrated yourself.

14. Modibas profile image59
    Modibasposted 6 years ago

for me lots of water (or any other trustworthy liquids (juice, milk, sour milk etc.) and vitamin C (sometimes supported by a bit of aspirin) always do the trick.

working