jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Do you love bacon? Why?

1. joanwz profile image76
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

Do you love bacon? Why?

Is it the smell? The taste? How often do you eat bacon?

2. carol7777 profile image90
    carol7777posted 5 years ago

I love bacon and cooked almost burned.  I don't eat it very often...but I love it. I like the crunch and taste.

joanwzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

i like it crunchy too. My husband likes his a little on the less-cooked, rubbery side.(Yuk!)

3. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 5 years ago

Yes!  I love Bacon.The smell as well as the flavor.  And, I know why I love it so much. I grew up eating bacon and eggs.
    My Dad worked on the railroad and went to work each day early. So, with four kids, Mom made a plate of eggs and a plate full of Bacon and Country Sausage, convenient to Dads schedule. If we wanted a Hot breakfast, we had to eat with Dad each morning.
    Good Bacon is so tasty, but, of course, I only eat Bacon as a treat. But if it were a healthy food, I would have iit every day!

That's a great memory. I;m sure it's part of the reason you still love bacon to this day. I agree with about only having it as a treat nowadays.. If it were a healthy food I'd be eating every day too.

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes. The smell is only slightly the lure. The true love of bacon comes from that first bite. The rich wonderful taste of bacon, limp but hot with some fat. Bacon makes everything better. Burritos, burgers, etc.

My granddaughter loves bacon on everythting too.

5. Goody5 profile image78
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I love the smell and the taste of bacon. No particular reason, I just always have.

6. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't eat it often, but I love it.  I love the smell, the taste and the texture.  Unfortunately, I could eat tons of it myself, so I rarely eat it.

7. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

Yes, I love both the smell and the taste and I eat it at least once a week....one of my favorite breakfasts is a BLT! I'm not sure why...maybe because it adds to the flavor of what I'm eating??

8. Thelma Alberts profile image89
    Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago

Yes, I love bacon but I only eat it once a month. I like it crunchy and it´s the smell and the taste of it that I sometimes crave. Well, I have not eaten bacon for this month yet so I´ll eat it next week as I don´t store it at home to avoid eating it most often as it is not good for me.

working