jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are Santa Claus melons grown at the North Pole?

1. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Are Santa Claus melons grown at the North Pole?

There really is a melon with this name. After seeing this type of melon on a cooking show I was curious if a watermelon was ever grown at the North pole (Maybe on an expedition)?

2. KerryAnita profile image81
    KerryAnitaposted 5 years ago

These melons actually grow in California and Arizona. They are named the Santa Clause melon because they're peak season is usually December. I suppose a water melon could grow in a heated green house in the North Pole. Maybe Santa has his own stock of his namesake melon;)

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

Abundant in North America, the Santa Claus Melon lasts until Christmas Eve and makes a good treat that friends and family will enjoy. read more

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

But of course, they must be grown at the North Pole.  However, they are very fragile--do not try to carry any  in your pocket, for they will melt long before you arrive home.
    ;-)

5. JamaGenee profile image85
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

Absent a hothouse, it's my understanding NO fruit or vegetable will grow at the North Pole.  Santa's elves harvesting melons is a nice vision to ponder, though.  Thanks! ;D

6. Efficient Admin profile image93
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

Santa and his elves have realized like the rest of us that eating fresh healthy food that you grow yourself is the way to go for optimum health.  They now have greenhouses that they grow food in, since it is real cold up there at the North Pole. So, yes, Santa Claus melons are grown at the North Pole.

7. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 5 years ago

i thought that was rudolph's name for santa's man boobs.

working