jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What Should Be On A Doomsday Prepper's Food List?

1. PhoenixV profile image70
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

2. flacoinohio profile image80
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

Water, lots of canned meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, peanut butter, maybe a case or two of MRE's, beef jerky, flour, salt, yeast, baking powder, baking soda, vitamins, a few can openers, a t-ration can opener, sugar, coffee, spices, rice, dried beans, pop corn, canned milk, baby formula, soy beans, and chef boyar dee canned pasta.

3. MrsBkay profile image83
    MrsBkayposted 5 years ago

Top Ramen! lol. Doomsday I'm going to be near a Taco Bell! At least I'll die happy with a nacho-cheesy grin on my face!

4. faythef profile image37
    faythefposted 5 years ago

I think beans & lentils would be my first pick...I think they have a long shelf life...also dried veggies, canned broths,,boullion, pasta & rice. canned,tuna,sardines,chicken, etc..powdered milk , oatmeal. flour, sugar

5. Andrea Rose profile image69
    Andrea Roseposted 5 years ago

water, canned goods, dehydrated food, and seeds, lots and lots of seeds.
    Reason for the seeds, when you run out of food, instead of risking the crazy people searching the stores, grow your own. Also I would recomend buying some live stock like, sheep, chickens, cows, pigs, goats, and so on so you can bread them and use them as you see fit.

6. Angela Kane profile image76
    Angela Kaneposted 5 years ago

The food items that should be on the a doomsday prepper's food list are dried fruits, vegetables, hard cansy and nuts.

7. etower036 profile image59
    etower036posted 5 years ago

If it is doomsday, then I would suggest go out in the middle of the street, stick your head between your legs as far as you can and kiss your YAHOO goodbye. LOL.

But if you do survive,  I agree with Flacoinohio her list is very good except the ravioli, I rarely eat that now as it is. But I also suggest having a good sealed stock of Reds Wheat Gluten (if you can have gluten)  This can be made into a meat substitute which is high i protien and vitamins.

8. SEXYLADYDEE profile image70
    SEXYLADYDEEposted 5 years ago

I  Would add cereals (hot & cold), batteries, lighters, first aid supplies, lots of bottled water & unscented bleach to purify water, matches in waterproof containers, dryed and smoked meats to eat and to cook with, extra blankets, sheets, towels, sleeping bags w/ pillows and backpacks in case you have to leave your home.

We were without heat and running water during Hurricane Sandy. A generator, even a small one, we also have a propane fueled heater that can be used indoors. We have two grills and keep at least two full propane tanks. One could be used with wood in it or coals.

We need to be prepared for emergencies as well as a DOOMSDAY scenario.