jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

What is the dish you love most at Christmas?

1. midget38 profile image89
    midget38posted 5 years ago

What is the dish you love most at Christmas?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

That would be seven up salad. Yes, seven up salad. It is great, I may write a recipe hub about it. smile

1. midget38 profile image89
      midget38posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Jeff, do share!! I'll be looking forward to making it!!

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is delicious midget!!

3. Denise Handlon profile image90
      Denise Handlonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love that salad.  smile   Go write it!

4. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just published it. smile

3. mpropp profile image84
    mproppposted 5 years ago

We have lots of family traditions, most revolving around food! But, my most favorite food at Christmas is Lefse. I know you can probably eat it all year-round, but we only made it or bought it around the holiday season, so it is forever associated as a Christmas treat for me. Yum!

4. Denise Handlon profile image90
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

I don't think I have a special dish that is served just at Christmas.  However, whether it is a Christmas or Thanksgiving turkey I love stuffing that is cooked in the turkey.  It just isn't the same when it is cooked outside of the bird.

Good question!

5. Stickypony profile image75
    Stickyponyposted 5 years ago

Swedish meatballs! Nothing is better then those bad boys! Yum yum yum!

6. TheHoleStory profile image79
    TheHoleStoryposted 5 years ago

I can't wait for desert, which is pumpkin pie with ice cream on top of it.

7. Angela Kane profile image76
    Angela Kaneposted 5 years ago

My best Christmas dish is ham. We have had it every year since 1990. We have a lot of holidays foods such as pecan pie, red velvet cake, hot cocoa and biscuits.

8. Claudia Tello profile image76
    Claudia Telloposted 5 years ago

I love so many things during this season.... but if I had to choose one, I would go for date pudding. I made it for the first time using a recipe I saw in elgourmet.com and I fell in love with it. I also love all the great variety of chocolates that are in offer smile and fruitcake. I am definitely a sweets-person.

9. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

The Christmas of my youth, there was always a huge Prime Rib Dinner....but I have never liked Beef, so I was allowed to request something different......I always chose lobster!!
    Now, since I'm the cook and Hostess......I like to serve a meal with a variety of seafoods....and it goes over quite well, with everyone!!....Merry Christmas!

working