Is it strange to eat breakfast food for dinner?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (21 posts)
  1. jaydawg808 profile image80
    jaydawg808posted 11 years ago

Is it strange to eat breakfast food for dinner?

I LOVE eating breakfast food for dinner.  Everything from cereal, bacon/sausage, egss, toast, etc.  Many of my family members think I'm weird.

2. lupine profile image65
    lupineposted 11 years ago

I don't think this is strange at all. I eat breakfast foods whenever I feel like having it. Sometimes I prefer eggs, bacon, pancakes, and hashbrowns over other types of dinner foods. Have you ever been up late watching a movie and had a bowl of cereal or oatmeal? It's great! That's why there are restaurants like Denny's that serves breakfast 24/7.

3. Sharkye11 profile image89
    Sharkye11posted 11 years ago

Not at all. My family has always done it as a traditional treat. Once every couple of months or so, someone will declare a "Breakfast At Night" dinner, and we will plan the menu during the day.

Sometimes we may just do pancakes, eggs, and sausage; other times it may be the full spread of eggs, ham, red-eye gravy, biscuits, bacon, pancakes and sometimes waffles.

For a lighter, quicker version: biscuits and sausage gravy with eggs.

Personally, I hate eating breakfast food in the morning. Smelling bacon or sausage first thing when I wake up has always been very repulsive to me, but I enjoy smelling them cook in the evening. So, breakfast at night is one of my favorite meals.

4. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

No...not at all. I am an equal opportunity eater, who operates under a 24-hour menu. :0)

5. MickS profile image59
    MickSposted 11 years ago

Food is food, we don't have special times of the day to eat certain foodstuffs, that is a man made concept.

6. renegadetory profile image60
    renegadetoryposted 11 years ago

My family also does this, and we find that certain meals that are usually served for breakfast such as eggs benedict which can be a bit heavy from the hollandaise sauce is better for lunch or dinner.  I find having eggs (any way you like) is great for dinner!  We've done crepes, pancakes, french toast, you name it.  So I don't think it's weird at all.

7. Novel Treasure profile image88
    Novel Treasureposted 11 years ago

That's actually a family favorite of ours. We love having eggs, bacon and home fries for dinner. Or just cereal.

I don't prescribe to the notion that their are specific foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I eat whatever food I want when I want.

I've had some coworkers make some snide comments about "how can you eat that for breakfast" and I simply respond that it's food. There is nothing that says its only for dinner.

8. Efficient Admin profile image85
    Efficient Adminposted 11 years ago

Not at all.  I love having eggs and hash browns for lunch too.  Many restaurants are catching on to this trend and serve breakfast all day, like IHOP, Waffle House and Cracker Barrel.

9. todom12 profile image59
    todom12posted 11 years ago

We love breakfast for dinner, it cheap and easy.

10. vespawoolf profile image92
    vespawoolfposted 11 years ago

We often enjoy breakfast foods at dinner time. We eat an omelettes or scrambled eggs or even pancakes. I always thought it was a pretty common practice in Midwest USA.

In contrast, Peruvians eat foods for breakfast that might seem strange to many of us. In the Andes, a nice bowl of hot soup is the perfect breakfast food to combat frigid morning temperatures. In northern Peru, friends often served us rice, fried fish and fried plantains for breakfast. It's all depends on how you grow up and what you're used to eating.

11. snapbackbetty profile image63
    snapbackbettyposted 11 years ago

I don't think it's strange at all. I love cooking breakfast for dinner and my children love it too. To me breakfast seems to taste better as dinner. I will often eat cereal as a desert. Some times I want something sweet but not cake, pie, or ice cream so I will eat a bowl of cereal and it hits the spot every time!

12. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

No, not weird at all.  We do this at least once or twice a month. 
    For one thing, I'm not a morning person, and am a bit of a slow starter.  I do not want to cook in the morning, so I'll just grab toast, cereal, or something from a box, and I'm good.
    By dinnertime, I'm fully functional, and don't mind whipping up eggs and the trimmings or pancakes, or what-have-you.  ;-)

13. Shanti Perez profile image80
    Shanti Perezposted 11 years ago

Definitely not strange. We each have our personal preferences. In fact, some people do not care for breakfast foods at all and so they eat noodle soup for breakfast. Many people in my family skip breakfast altogether and have for generations, though I do not know the reason other than that they say breakfast causes them to feel queasy.

There is a combination of Thai foods I could eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of my life and that is papaya salad (som tum) with larb (soy and not beef or chicken) and sticky rice. Desert island here I come!

14. chefmancave profile image73
    chefmancaveposted 11 years ago

Two things you can say to those who think it is weird. First, breakfast food is designed to be fast and more convnient. They will argue this point but as a cook the amount of prep work for breakfast is minimal. Second, it is difficult to screw up breakfast food. Ok, you may burn the toast but most everything else is foolproof. Consider this...I travel for work a lot. The customer is expecting you to be at your best. You cannot allow heartburn to effect your performance. So what do you order? How about two eggs, toast and hash browns.

15. theodoresumrall profile image56
    theodoresumrallposted 11 years ago

No. It is not. Although not everyone love eating breakfast food as their dinner. Usually, light food is considered good in your dinner but it's your taste so keep eating what you love. It's not weird, anyway. IMO

16. Miss-Linda profile image67
    Miss-Lindaposted 11 years ago

I don't think it's strange at all. But then again, I'm known to eat dinner foods for breakfast from time to time, so I might not be the most qualified person to answer your question. (:

17. Cardia profile image74
    Cardiaposted 11 years ago

Sometimes I do scrambled eggs or an omelette for my dinner, and I add in toast and even some orange juice. Some of my friends do think it's a little strange, but sometimes I honestly feel like having 'breakfast-y" food at night!

18. Crissylite profile image77
    Crissyliteposted 11 years ago

I love breakfast for dinner too. I don't think it's weird. Some restaurants serve breakfast all day for people like us. They get it.  smile

19. Silver Poet profile image71
    Silver Poetposted 11 years ago

http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/menu/breakfast

http://www.crackerbarrel.com/restaurant/breakfast-menu/

Restaurants like these serve breakfast all day. I don't think they would if no one ever ordered breakfast food for lunch, dinner, or snacks.

20. Marcus99 profile image57
    Marcus99posted 11 years ago

I think that eating dinner food for lunch is just plain odd...

21. profile image0
    advicewithspiceposted 11 years ago

Certainly not.  Food is food.  The whole point to eating is to nourish yourself.  There are no rules as to what to eat when.  For example, it is not as if you won't get vitamins from eggs if you eat them past a certain time.  So, hey, if you like it - I love it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)