jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I need a different way than eggs to get healthy protein for breakfast.

1. dappledesigns profile image90
    dappledesignsposted 6 years ago

I need a different way than eggs to get healthy protein for breakfast.

I'm allergic to eggs, and it looks like every healthy diet says to eat egg whites. Any suggestions on healthy breakfast ideas for a work out diet?

(an equal mix of cardio and weights 4-5 times a week)

2. Brainy Bunny profile image96
    Brainy Bunnyposted 6 years ago

What about low-fat cottage cheese? It's got a lot of protein per serving, and it'll fill you up. You could mix in a little fruit for flavor, or spread it on whole wheat toast.

3. noturningback profile image78
    noturningbackposted 6 years ago

Oatmeal has a good amount of protein, as does peanut butter and let's not (unless you do not like it) forget to include soy tofu. The tofu can be fried and have syrup and/or a cinnamon sugar mix on top.

4. ktrapp profile image97
    ktrappposted 6 years ago

Breakfast foods that are healthy sources of protein are numerous. Find out why a protein rich diet is important and some protein-rich foods besides eggs. read more

5. veggie-mom profile image70
    veggie-momposted 6 years ago

tofu scramble! Just mash up some firm tofu with a fork and heat in pan adding any desired veggies & cheese (if dairy is not a problem). I used to serve this to my son when he was younger because he would break out in eczema after eating eggs.

6. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

Don't think of traditional breakfast foods, try nuts, protein shakes, protein bars and lean meats that you'd typically reserve for the later hours of the day.

Heck, sometimes I eat shrimp for breakfast because it's a quick fix if you pre-cook or buy frozen pre-cooked. Shrimp are high in protein and VERY low in calories. Watch out for HFCS in your cocktail sauce though. Greek yogurt, tuna, wild salmon, almond butter on whole wheat. Think outside the box and you'll come up with a lot of ideas.

As for your workouts, try to make sure that you are eating protein preferably within 20 minutes after working out. The protein will help repair the damage done to your muscles while exercising and help build more muscle which in turn, helps you burn calories even while at rest to lose MORE weight.