jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Gluten Free and Dairy Free - any suggestions?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

Gluten Free and Dairy Free - any suggestions?

As of New years Day, I will be doing some experimenting with my diet, and two of the things being temporarily eliminated are gluten and dairy. Does any one have some favorite recipes which might support this? Or perhaps their whole Hub Pages account is dedicated to such food elimination periods?

2. executivecatering profile image81
    executivecateringposted 5 years ago

here is an article to get you started http://www.eccservices.co.uk/is-it-glut … ticle.html

ThompsonPenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks friend! I will check it out smile

3. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

It will be interesting to read about how this goes for you.  When I realized that I could not eat anything with cow's milk in it I thought food would be dull from then on, but I couldn't have been more wrong.  I'm still experimenting with options, and enjoying better health for the effort.  I plan to post more recipes, but I'm still in the process of updating the ones I've posted with the recipe capsules. 

I'm experimenting with gluten-free recipes, as well, for a number of reasons.  Working on those recipes has been interesting and I've had great results.  I hope you can also enjoy learning the ins and outs of developing and working on some new recipes.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago

I have switched to Almond Milk.  It does NOT taste like Almonds and there are a few varieties of it on the market.  Gluten is usually just wheat and corn products.  There is a variety of things that you can try with that too.  Bean flour, rice and many others flours that do not contain glutens.  Almond Milk is not good for using in puddings as the pudding will only get a very soft set.  I know this because I tried to make puddings with it and it just does not work.

I"m definitely a fan of almond milk. I swapped to drinking it for the protein content a while ago, since I"m a vegetarian as well. The only aspect of dairy free that I'm concerned about is cheese! Other than that, I generally don't consume much dairy

2. renee21 profile image83
      renee21posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Gluten is not in corn.  Gluten is in wheat, rye, spelt, and barley.  If you have read any gluten free recipe books, you will find cornstarch in them.  Beware using bean flour in recipes that aren't strongly flavored.  There can be an aftertaste.

5. ExpectGreatThings profile image84
    ExpectGreatThingsposted 5 years ago

I have 2 hubs on sugar-free grain-free snacks. In the list of snacks, there is only one with dairy. We like all of the ones listed, and we are pretty picky smile Best wishes to you! It is not an easy diet to follow!

neato! I'll give them a go! Thanks friend!

6. titi6601 profile image74
    titi6601posted 5 years ago

Hi I have some recipes in my hubs that will help you and are great! Pleae let me know if you have any questions.

http://titi6601.hubpages.com/

working