jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How much do you know about Aspartame? Do you believe it is bad for you?

1. celeste inscribed profile image87
    celeste inscribedposted 5 years ago

How much do you know about Aspartame? Do you believe it is bad for you?

2. Jeff Berndt profile image86
    Jeff Berndtposted 5 years ago

All I need to know about aspartame is this: I don't like the way it tastes.

Since I don't like it, I don't eat it, and I don't need to worry about whether it's bad for me or not.

celeste inscribedposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jeff, I know what you mean. I don't like it either. Especially in diet sodas.

3. RTalloni profile image87
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

Insomnia is one of the known side effects that some people get to enjoy after consuming this sweetener.

Wow, I didn't know that. I always associated it with migraines and Alzheimer's etc. Thank you for the extra info.

4. renegadetory profile image97
    renegadetoryposted 5 years ago

This info is from the website Hungry for Change.tv :

Aspartame, (E951) more popularly known as Nutrasweet and Equal, is often found in foods labeled "diet" or "sugar free". Aspartame is believed to be carcinogenic and accounts for more reports of adverse reactions than all other foods and food additives combined. Aspartame is not your friend. Aspartame is a neurotoxin and carcinogen. Known to erode intelligence and affect short-term memory, the components of this toxic sweetener may lead to a wide variety of ailments including brain tumor, diseases like lymphoma, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue, emotional disorders like depression and anxiety attacks, dizziness, headaches, nausea, mental confusion, migraines and seizures.

You are so right renegadetory. If my mom drinks or eats anything with aspartame in it she is down with a migraine for 3 days. She suffers from them anyway but aspartame is a sure migraine trigger within an hour of consuming it.

working