jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think coffee is healthy?

1. profile image51
    serge9999posted 5 years ago

Do you think coffee is healthy?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

If I don't get my coffee in the morning, it's not healthy for those unlucky enough to be around me.

3. cjpooja26 profile image65
    cjpooja26posted 5 years ago

Coffee is not healthy but some people like me cant do anything without a cup of coffee.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

i don't drink coffee and i strongly believe that coffee is not good for health if taken for years. My mom had stroke, my dad had high blood pressure and my bro had diabetic. All of them drink coffee every day without fail except me. I can't take it. I will go bananas if i drink a sip!

5. Anna Brillon profile image70
    Anna Brillonposted 4 years ago

In essence, plain black coffee does not have that much calories or vitamins or minerals. However, studies have shown that the antioxidants and the acids in the coffee can help keep cells healthy and prevent toxicity from the by products of our metabolism.

So to me, YES coffee is healthy. However, it's how you dress up your cup that affects the healthiness of your drink. Adding the creamer, milk, sugar, and other flavorings affects the taste as well as the nutritional value.

What I do instead is take a low fat creamer and coconut sugar as substitute, so that reduces my per cup to about less than 90 calories. As opposed to 300 to 400 calories for a Frap at Starbucks :-)

working