jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What Is The Healthiest Natural Sweetener?

1. PhoenixV profile image75
    PhoenixVposted 4 years ago

2. Abhaque Supanjang profile image78
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7757574_f260.jpg

Palm sugar is the best one as far as I know. The smell and the sweet of the sweetener is so nice. You can also use natural honey in some occasion. Palm sugar can be found almost in every traditional market in Indonesia, especially in Sumatera Barat.

3. vespawoolf profile image96
    vespawoolfposted 4 years ago

Stevia is a sweetener made from the ground leaves of a tree that grows in Bolivia. It contains no calories and is said to lower blood pressure and stabilize blood sugar levels. Of course, not much research has been done because it's a natural product which cannot be patented and commercialized. We use it in Limeade and Lemonade and then use a little bit of sugar. You can't even tell it's low calorie lemonade!

4. mvillecat profile image78
    mvillecatposted 4 years ago

I use organic Agave and it is delicious. It does not spike blood sugar levels and is great to cook with as well as put in your coffee and tea. I highly recommend it.

5. LongTimeMother profile image97
    LongTimeMotherposted 4 years ago

Tips from my 10 years of experience growing and harvesting stevia: Which type to buy, how to grow, harvest, and dry it, and why some stevia has a bitter taste. read more

6. RTalloni profile image89
    RTalloniposted 4 years ago

Honey must be, in general, the healthiest sweetener.  It's nice to have options for flavor, though.

working