This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What is the best treatment for dry scaly skin on the legs?

1. samnashy profile image79
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

What is the best treatment for dry scaly skin on the legs?

2. arrtd2 profile image60
    arrtd2posted 5 years ago

Two times a week, I take a nightime shower. Before the shower, I massage a combination of warmed olive, sesame, and coconut oils (in equal parts) into my skin and leave for 15 minutes. I take a lukewarm shower (not too hot) and massage a  high quality, emollient-rich cream (I love Kiehl's products) in. Doing this right before bedtime allows the skin to absorb the moisture and restore overnight.

samnashyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That sounds lovely.  I need nice smooth legs.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I would first recommend a light treatment w/ a buff-puff to exfoliate the dry skin. Then, after a shower or warm soak in the tub, I suggest a nice, thick-cream moisturizer to massage in well. Keep applying the moisturizer every night until the flakiness subsides.

Thanks, it seems to worse in winter.

4. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

Baths are better than showers for keeping moisture on the skin.  If you take showers, put moisturizer on afterwards.  A good quality moisturizer like Aveeno is much better than just any inexpensive one.  You will notice a difference.
    As well, make sure you're drinking a lot of water as this will help with dryness, wrinkles, and a ton of other stuff.  If you shave or wax your legs try to moisturize before and after.  Having moisturized skin will make the hair removal more comfortable and it will feel less dry and painful afterwards.

5. Dr Wasif profile image38
    Dr Wasifposted 5 years ago

Best 4 Ingredients for Treating Dry Scaly Skin Are:

1:Glycerin ( humectant)
    2:Lanolin (occlusive dry skin ingredient)
    3:Hydroxy acids (alpha hydroxyl acids)
    4:Petrolatum (occlusive type moisturizers available)

I can buy these over the counter?   Thank you Dr Walsif.

2. Dr Wasif profile image38
      Dr Wasifposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Reply@Samneshy You Bought One Product From Market Which Have All These Ingredients.

6. remaniki profile image80
    remanikiposted 5 years ago

My husband had this problem - dry scaly skin on the legs - he used to massage coconut oil on to the affected area at bedtime and go to bed after about half an hour so that the oil gets completely absorbed by the skin. But this took months for the skin to become normal but it was really worth the wait.

Another more effective treatment would be to massage legs with coconut oil a half hour before bath and wash it off with Bengal gram flour. Not only would the dryness go but your skin will become very smooth. This flour will be available in Indian stores.

working