jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What's a dish I could cook up for 8 people?

1. Zaiden Jace profile image68
    Zaiden Jaceposted 4 years ago

What's a dish I could cook up for 8 people?

I'm having a little get together in a few days and I have no idea what to make. I've never had to cook for this many people before. Any ideas would be very helpful.

2. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 4 years ago

A few suggestions would be Taco Dip (though it isn't a main course on its own), Lasagna, Mashed Potatoes, and anything else similar to them.

I mentioned those kinds of things because I don't think it's much harder to make larger quantities of them.

3. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

It depends on what kind of cooking you like to do.
    I have a wonderful recipe for mini hamburgers with fresh tomato sliced stewed over them, served over rice.  I've served that at parties. 

For a tasty chicken dish, line a rectangle glass pyrex with raw chicken thighs (they are inexpensive).  Sprinkle worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, 1/2 cup of water, garlic salt and ground black pepper over the top.  Bake in a 400 degree over for 1 hour. 

A large roast beef is easy to bake if you are going for something more elegant.  Place in roasting pan.  Season with garlic salt and ground black pepper, or whatever other herbs you like to use.

Pasta dishes are a great way to serve a lot of guests.

Meatballs also always go over well! 

Toasted sandwiches are also easy for a finger food.

Casseroles are also great!  (One simple one we make, I'm not sure it's appropriate for your gathering, is ground turkey browned in a frying pan.  Mix with cream of mushroom or chicken soup, and a family size can of green beans.  Add to a square or round pyrex and place tator tots on top.  Bake for 350 for 30 minutes. ... Just triple the recipe for 8 people.)

1. Zaiden Jace profile image68
      Zaiden Jaceposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the suggestions. My mind was a complete blank as to what I could possibly make for so many people so I'll definitely take your ideas into consideration.

4. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

I am not a fancy cook, never really was, however spaghetti and sauce is always great then you can freeze what sauce is left. You can also make meatballs and keep on side and ceaser salad.

Good luck

5. abetterwaytolive profile image80
    abetterwaytoliveposted 4 years ago

I think the easiest, most economical, and all-around pleasing dish that you could cook for a group of 8 people would be a whole roasted chicken.
    There is very little prep work involved, it is very cheap, nutritional, and it will impress your guests in most cases.
    It may seem like an intimidating feat to cook a whole chicken, but it's actually very simple.
    Check out my hubs and you will see that I have written one on this very subject.