jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you prefer your lifesavers candy individually wrapped or in the traditional r

1. TheHoleStory profile image80
    TheHoleStoryposted 4 years ago

Do you prefer your lifesavers candy individually wrapped or in the traditional rolls?

Every little bit adds up in today's world. Some people feel that individually wrapping these little candies is a waste of our natural resources.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8406207_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

It depends. If I'm going somewhere I can't smoke, I like to just take the rolls. However, I like the individually wrapped ones to carry in my lunchbox. I don't eat a lot of them at work, so the wrappers mean they stay fresh and I don't have to worry about them falling out of the wrapper.

3. Levertis Steele profile image84
    Levertis Steeleposted 4 years ago

I prefer any candy individually wrapped. Many schools ask parents to send/bring candy to school for parties--Valentines, end-of-year, Christmas, etc., to serve to all of the children. The wrapped candy is preferred for sanitary purposes. Think about all of the Halloween candy that is purchased every year! Who buys a bag of uwrapped candy for children? It is advisable not to permit children to eat candy that is unwrapped or has signs of tampering. Let's not lift the safety measures we have taken already. Although they are primarily responsible for busy dentists, children probably eat more Lifesavers or most other candies than anyone else. Unwrapped candy may be ok for family only or one person, but I seldom eat unwrapped candy when it is seved. What's with Lifesavers? It is not the only candy that's individually wrapped.

4. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 4 years ago

I prefer the roll. It's tradition, and I don't like having to tear open the wrappers which sometimes can be difficult. But I think the individually wrapped live savers are great for Halloween trick or treating  or for sharing with friends.

5. Ericdierker profile image53
    Ericdierkerposted 4 years ago

Sorry to all those with preferences but it is socially and environmentally irresponsible to have individually wrapped anything. Resealable containers are now just as cheap a package as anything else and reusable even better.
    With that said -- to hell with the environment when it comes to safety of children ;-) Do you know where they put their hands before reaching into a bowl -- Yikes!!

6. Dee aka Nonna profile image81
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 4 years ago

LOL.  I like both.  If I could get only the orange or cherry.....I would love it.  My favs.  Fun question.

7. brblog profile image84
    brblogposted 4 years ago

Finally, someone has asked a question that I care about. Traditional rolls only - not so much because of waste (ok waste could be important) but because that is just the way it should be. All other answers are wrong!

8. PoeticFailosophy profile image58
    PoeticFailosophyposted 4 years ago

I wear them as a necklace made of biodegradable string.

working