jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (20 posts)

Do you prefer chocolate or non-chocolate candy, and which candy do you like the

1. aviannovice profile image91
    aviannoviceposted 5 years ago

Do you prefer chocolate or non-chocolate candy, and which candy do you like the best?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I've never met a candy I don't like - but chocolate is my favorite, Snickers, Kit Kat, Twix, any Sees Candy and now I have given myself a craving and I am on a diet!  Anyway I also like Sweet Tarts, Necco Wafers, red licorice, and well...all of it.

aviannoviceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Did you say that your middle name is "Sweets"?

3. mvillecat profile image79
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

I have to say chocolate. I love Snickers the best in a candy bar,

Oh, yes, mville...Snickers are very good.  I like the Milky Way, too.

4. sallieannluvslife profile image84
    sallieannluvslifeposted 5 years ago

There is a little chocolate company called Damask Candies in Swedesboro, NJ and they make a chocolate covered oyster cracker, milk or dark chocolate, that is one of the most delectable candies - simple but ohhhh....so delicious.  I pretty much will eat any candy but my favorites are those with chocolate, coconut or caramel and any such combination thereof, and NOW I'm craving something chocolatey and I have nothing!!  sad

Wow, sallieann, that sounds excellent.  Did you ever get your chocolate after that massive craving?

5. vespawoolf profile image97
    vespawoolfposted 5 years ago

It depends on my mood, but I usually reach for chocolate. I love homemade dark chocolate bark studded with carmelized nuts and dried fruit and sprinkled with sea salt!

Vespawolf, that sounds like an interesting candy.  I will have to give that a try.

6. profile image73
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

Like Duffsmom, there are few candies I don't enjoy! I would say some faves are Skor Bars, Baccia, and anything dark chocolate smile.  I had a delicious dark chocholate bar with pieces of pomengranate in it once, and it was divine!

Pomegranite, eh?  I have never had anything so decadent.  Sounds wonderful.

2. profile image73
      ElleBeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very delicious! I think it was made by Hershey.

7. etower036 profile image59
    etower036posted 5 years ago

Most times its chocolate M&M's. However, because I am diabetic, I have to watch how much I consume. I do buy sugar free candies which Butter toffee, or the peanut butter cups.
    I make a fun treat once in a while its called Peanut butter chocolate slurry bars.

1/2 cup splenda
    1 cup chopped Baker's Dark Chocolate
    1 cup Adams natural peanut butter
    2 tsp butter
    1 cup graham cracker crushed
    2 tsp butter (for crust)

In a microwavable bowl mix chocolate, 2 tsp butter, 1 cup peanut, 1/2 cup splenda (you may use regular sugar)  Melt for 1 minute mix slightly and nuke another minute.
    While mixture is microwaving and melting, make a crust by melting butter and mixing with Graham pat out into a square baking pan, pressing down firm.
    Pour chocolate onto the crust, and then smooth out.
    Place in refridge. this should last 2 days but it won't, trust me, it won't LOL.

Wow, etower, sounds like this is right up my alley.  Thanks for the superb tip.

8. slackermom profile image77
    slackermomposted 5 years ago

Chocolate without a doubt. My favorite is any mint/chocolate combo like junior mints or peppermint patties.

Oh, yes slackermom, mint and chocolate make a great combination.

9. visionandfocus profile image72
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

I'm a die-hard chocoholic. For me, non-chocolate candy is just a waste of calories. My favourite chocolates would be anything from the humble yet highly addictive Kit Kat to the Swiss Ferrero Rocher (original gold-wrapped ones) and Lindt lindor truffles (red ones).

Oooooo, truffles!

10. Kathy Carr profile image76
    Kathy Carrposted 3 years ago

I prefer Chunkys which I use to love when they were 5 cents, lol.  Hersheys special dark with almonds another fav.  I almost forgot Junior mints, wow, how could I forget those babies. Thanks fellow Hubber for the reminder.

aviannoviceposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Any time, Kathy, any TIME.(grin)

working