My Brain Tumor Has Returned

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (55 posts)
  1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago

Many of you may remember that I was stricken with a brain tumor last Spring.  The tumor was surgically removed on June 10, and I was told the doctor had gotten rid of all of it and, in the process, had saved my vision.  Recovery was hard and long, but I was finally getting back to normal..until this week.  An MRI showed that the cyst portion of the tumor (it was part cyst and part tumor) had returned and was already 1 cm in size.  Now I am facing 28 radiation sessions over a 6 week period.  Treatments likely will begin sometime in February.  The purpose is to kill off the remaining cells and, again, save my vision.  The Cyst is in a very bad place and surgery will be both delicate and dangerous.  There can also be many side effects, and I have no way of knowing what they will be.  So, if I disappear for awhile, you'll know where I am.  Your support and kindness has been wonderful and has helped to see me through in the past.  I'm hoping you'll be kind enough to provide this type of help to me again..I'm going to need all the help I can get.  I'll be posting videos on YouTube under Livin' the RV Dream with Timetraveler2 if you want to keep up with my situation.  If I stop posting it will be because I'm too sick to do so...but I'll be back.  Just thought some of you would like to know what will be going on.

1. Butterfly67 profile image87
      Butterfly67posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear this TT2 and wishing you a speedy recovery.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good luck, TT! smile

3. hclpd profile image94
      hclpdposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'll pray for you. That's all I can say.

4. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good luck in your new treatment and you are in my prayer.

5. chef-de-jour profile image98
      chef-de-jourposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hope all goes well for you, hope the amazing medical people work their wonders.. and look forward to your return.

6. vidsagster profile image86
      vidsagsterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear TT2, we will pray for you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. We look forward to your return and to your beautiful articles.

7. OldRoses profile image95
      OldRosesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So sorry to hear this.  You have been and remain an inspiration to all of us.  I am not religious, so instead of prayers, I am sending positive thoughts to you and your family.

8. letstalkabouteduc profile image94
      letstalkabouteducposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm so sorry to hear this and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. My niece had a brain tumor removed last week so I can really relate to what you and your family are experiencing. You are such an inspiration, and I hope everyone's words of support here are bringing you comfort. As my son said to his cousin before surgery: 'You got this!"

9. KC3Lady profile image58
      KC3Ladyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry to hear that your brain tumor has returned. I hope the treatment will be as safe, effective, and as painless as possible.

10. Ben716 profile image89
      Ben716posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear about your health situation. I hope it will go well. You'll be in my prayers.

11. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good luck with the radiation. Take care.

12. cheaptrick profile image73
      cheaptrickposted 4 years agoin reply to this

My heart goes out to you;hope you have total success with this and come back stronger than ever.I have been in a battle with colon cancer for some time so I completely empathize with how sick one can get from these so called treatments we endure in hopes of a cure.GOD BE WITH YOU TIME TRAVELER AND STAY STRONG.

13. Eurofile profile image97
      Eurofileposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So sorry to hear your news. I will be praying for you at this difficult time. I really hope that the radiotherapy works quicker and better than you can imagine and that side effects are minimal.

14. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very sorry to hear that Sondra. You are a brave woman and I wish you quick recovery. Wish you all the best. Take care.

15. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I hope that this recurring tumor disappears through treatment.  Please get strong & well.  You are a VERY VALUED person on HubPages & to your family.  May God be with you.

2. Rachelle Williams profile image92
    Rachelle Williamsposted 4 years ago

I am so, so sorry to hear this. I will definitely be keeping up with both your channel and your articles here on HP. I'm sending you out a warm hug and my hopes that you are well soon.

3. Al Stine profile image94
    Al Stineposted 4 years ago

A difficult moment TT2, but take courage in the fact that your illness does not define your strength and character.

4. bhattuc profile image79
    bhattucposted 4 years ago

It is a tough time. We will sincerely pray almighty. Hope it is contained soon.

5. Lorelei Nettles profile image87
    Lorelei Nettlesposted 4 years ago

I will pray for you. So sorry to hear you have to go through this.

6. theraggededge profile image87
    theraggededgeposted 4 years ago

Very sorry you have to go through all this again, Sondra. You've done it once and you can do it again. You are one very strong woman. Keep your chin up and we'll be waiting for you.

Wishing you all the best.

Bxx

7. Kenna McHugh profile image93
    Kenna McHughposted 4 years ago

You are in my prayers. I am so sorry for your discomfort. I cannot imagine what it is like or what it is not like to go through this experience. I only hope you have family and friends around you that support you and help in any way.

8. Larry Slawson profile imageSTAFF
    Larry Slawsonposted 4 years ago

So sorry you are having to deal with this.  I'll definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

9. eugbug profile image97
    eugbugposted 4 years ago

Keep up the battle, we'll all be thinking of you.

10. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

Best wishes! I hope all goes well!

11. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 4 years ago

Just as He did the last time, God will see you through this difficult time again. Keep a positive outlook as you always do. All will be well.

12. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 4 years ago

I will be thinking of you, Sondra. Keep fighting, as you did last time. As Bev says, you are a strong woman.

13. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 4 years ago

I know this is difficult for you to face.
    I also have a brain tumor.
    I was so hoping you would not need to go down this road again.
    I know you have your radiation scheduled, but you might look into Gamma Knife Surgery.   
    It is a one time shot of 293 or so of beams of radiation.   This can be done if under 3 cm.
    I had it done in October of 2018. 
    For some people it works and shrinks tumor.
    I will get my next MRI in April.
    I wish you all the best.  I will follow your progress.
    If you ever need to chat just shoot me a message.
    When you have this type of issue you seem to be stronger.
    You got this!

TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Brenda...here's hoping things will be good for you, and I'm sorry you are dealing with this horror.  I've decided to post this journey on YouTube (Livin' the RV Dream with Timetraveler2) even though it's off topic because I think it will help other people and will help me as well.  I don't know if "I got this" or not, but I'm going to do my best, as I know you are.  Be well.

14. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 4 years ago

My thoughts are with you TT2. You can overcome.

15. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

So sorry to hear this, Sondra.  Keep the rubber side down and you will get through this one, too.

16. ReViewMeMedia profile image87
    ReViewMeMediaposted 4 years ago

I will be praying for you and your surgery so that it will go well.

17. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Of course, Sondra, all-in for you once again. You are in my prayers. You're determination is awesome. Hugs to you.

18. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 4 years ago

You will be in my thoughts. Praying for a speedy and full recovery.

19. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you Sondra, that your brain tumor came back. But you are a strong fighter with these things and you will overcome this one too.

What I worry most about is losing my vision and/or my memory.  Now posting videos on YouTube while I still can to document this hellish journey.  Memory has been reduced already from the surgery, so hope it doesn't get worse.  Thanks for your kind thoughts.

20. Titia profile image91
    Titiaposted 4 years ago

OMG that must've been a terrible thing to hear. I'm not one for prayers, but I'll send you hugs in stead. Keeping my fingers crossed too.

I will happily accept any support people are willing to give...I'm going to need all of it!  Thank you for caring enough to send me those  hugs.

21. hrhjeshea profile image61
    hrhjesheaposted 4 years ago

I am truly sorry to hear this and will be hoping for your recovery.

22. Patkay profile image90
    Patkayposted 4 years ago

Sorry to hear that but do not stress yourself. God is on your side and all will be well. You have many friends in this community and they will support you always. All the best and quick recovery.

23. Ansel Pereira profile image98
    Ansel Pereiraposted 4 years ago

Sorry you have to go through this again. You are a fighter, and you will emerge victorious.
    Wish you the best!
    Speedy Recovery.

24. Anita Hasch profile image59
    Anita Haschposted 4 years ago

Hope you get well soon.

25. Janda Raker profile image91
    Janda Rakerposted 4 years ago

So sorry to hear this news, TT, but know that many of us are thinking of you at this time and sending you good vibes Please keep us posted and take care of yourself so you can be out there traveling and writing again soon!

26. CMHypno profile image80
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

Sorry to hear your bad news TT2.  I hope your treatment is successful and that you are back here on HubPages very soon.

27. Sherry H profile image91
    Sherry Hposted 4 years ago

I am so sorry you are having to go through this all over again TT. I will pray for you to have a speedy and full recovery.

28. Robin profile image86
    Robinposted 4 years ago

All of us at HubPages are so sorry to hear this news, TT2. The team is sending you positive thoughts for a full recovery. Hugs.

Aww shucks...thanks guys.  How can I not do well when so many are sending good thoughts and prayers my way.

29. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 4 years ago

I hope that during your trials, you find peace, music that you love, humor, kindness, and love. God bless you. Be strong.

30. Don Bobbitt profile image84
    Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago

Wishes for a Successful Procedure and a Speedy Recovery to a fellow HP Writer.
    DON

31. Readmikenow profile image93
    Readmikenowposted 4 years ago

I've had relative close to me deal with this situation. 

I'm sure it's very upsetting and frustrating.

I hope the best for you and your family.  I hope this treatment is successful and is the end of it.

I am a Christian, so I will say a prayer for you and your family.

Thank you so much.  It's not a pleasant thing, but in this life you do what you must.  All prayers and good wishes help us to get through this thing.

32. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Sorry to hear of this, TT2. My father-in-law was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor too. Best wishes in your fight.

I'll send good thoughts his way, he'll need them.  Hopefully all will go well for both of us.

33. Bushra Iqbal profile image80
    Bushra Iqbalposted 4 years ago

I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you get well soon.

34. Nell Rose profile image86
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

I am sorry to hear that. Here's praying for a very quick recovery.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)