jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

How do you feel about Chuck E. Cheese's serving beer?

1. Amanda108 profile image91
    Amanda108posted 4 years ago

How do you feel about Chuck E. Cheese's serving beer?

Is it inappropriate for a children's play place to serve alcohol? Or is it a genius way of getting more adults to bring their kids? Is Chuck E. Cheese a restaurant like any other or should it be more "innocent"?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Have you ever been IN a Chuck E. Cheese? It's a blaring maelstrom of loud noises, bright lights, and sugared-up screaming kids. Any sane adult would NEED a stiff drink after about ten minutes of that cacophony!!

1. Amanda108 profile image91
      Amanda108posted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL! Thanks for the amusing answer. Though in reality I find it sad and pathetic that an adult would actually consider alcohol a need in order to spend time with their kids, as some seem to really believe that... sad

3. hellovictoria profile image96
    hellovictoriaposted 4 years ago

Chuck E Cheeses is equivalent to an indoor theme park to me. If theme parks serve alcohol and it's acceptable, Chuck E Cheese is no different to me. As long as the parent isn't getting out of control or having more than one or two beers I don't see it as an issue.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

I don't think beer should be available. I laughed at FatFreddy's response, but I think when people take their kids somewhere, they should forget all about drinking alcohol. I know kids see it at home, but I've also seen people who say they're just going to have one and then get out of control.

5. Bubblegum Jones profile image61
    Bubblegum Jonesposted 4 years ago

It's a children's place and it should remain that way.

6. profile image0
    Kristyn05posted 4 years ago

I do not think alcohol in a business created for children is appropriate. Those people who are drinking are around drink and some are driving children home. Plus, how are they regulated children not drinking it when left unattended?

7. baybpnk profile image82
    baybpnkposted 4 years ago

Why is alcohol necessary in a place literally built for children? Are they going to install bars at every location to make serving alcohol easier too? I don't think it's a good idea at all. Alcohol is not even that great so I don't know why it s so big. Alcohol and kids should not mix.

8. Digihead profile image76
    Digiheadposted 4 years ago

I have not seen the beer list, but I am assuming it would be a choice between a light lager, or light pilzner, usually below 5% ABV, which means unless the parents and the staff are extremely irresponsible, washing down the crappy pizza with a crappy beer is not going to get anyone drunk.  when they start serving quality beer with high ABV then we should be worried.

9. Penny G profile image72
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

If parents want to drink, go out after you take the kids home. There is enough problems with under age drinking. I was in the bar business its hard to keep children in a recreation center from getting into the alcohol on the table, same hear I am sure. Leave childs play just that.

working