jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Mostly what do you eat in launch if you are short of money?

1. Josh Makaveli profile image36
    Josh Makaveliposted 3 years ago

Mostly what do you eat in launch if you are short of money?

We normally run short of money by the month end but we eat economical meals just to make a survival

2. janshares profile image99
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I'm saving money by eating little cups of brown rice and quinoa for $2 each from DHC (healthy food and body care products). They can also be found in the grocery store, two for $4. I also just had some of those microwave cups of Chef Boyarde Beef ravioli and the Lasagna. They are high in sodium but I think okay in moderation. They were on sale 10 for $10. Sardines and a simple salad also make an economical lunch.

Josh Makaveliposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I like the option of  Beef ravioli and Lasagna and they are cheap as well plus have the ability to fill a tummy

3. Sri T profile image81
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Stir fried rice with mixed vegetables or sausages. Blue Ribbon Rice 3 lbs $2.00 at Walmart. Mixed vegi $1.00 frozen or 8 sausages, $1.25 Farmer John pack. Imperial Margarine $1.00. Kikomon Soy sauce bottle $1.00. Total $5.00 dollars out the door.

woow you only made a total for $5 which is really economical but i want to know if vegetables can really fill a man's tummy? because if i dont eat meat i cannot survive smile

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
      DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You could survive perfectly.  You might not LIKE it, but meat is a learned taste.  Human biology is not actually designed to handle meat.  60% of our food should be carbs for energy.  Many veg sources of protein, too.

3. Josh Makaveli profile image36

well i disagree if you say that human biology is not designed to handle meat because we have the shape of teeth that are used to eat meat and vegetables both, so it means we can handle anything

4. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

We all know carb foods are cheap. Bread goes along way and is cheap and peanut butter is a good source of protein and fat, which makes it stick with you. Keeping the tummy from growling is is more important than healthy eating in low money times.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
      DzyMsLizzyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I disagree.  Healthy is always important.  Grandpa used to say "Many a doc has been called because someone ate too much; never because someone missed a meal."

2. Josh Makaveli profile image36

Penny....peanut butter is a good option to get protein and fat and yes sometimes with short money, we can eat some cheap things...but i agree to DzyMsLizzy that health is always important
      thank you

5. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

Yogurt or ramen soup, maybe an apple. But to 'fess up, I eat these a lot even when the pantry is full, lol.

hehe good one smile

working