jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best thing to do of a hub that is not featured due to no engagement?

1. liesl5858 profile image90
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

What is the best thing to do of a hub that is not featured due to no engagement?

Is it better to delete it?

2. Hendrika profile image82
    Hendrikaposted 3 years ago

I just wanted to ask the same question. I have good Hubs that are not featured because of traffic and I also want to know if it is best to delete them and use on my blog. I am following this so that I can see if someone answered our question.

3. Susan Zutautas profile image76
    Susan Zutautasposted 3 years ago

You may want to consider changing the title and subtitles of your hub. That is what I do. If that doesn't work then I usually unpublish it , wait a few days and move it to my blog site.

1. Hendrika profile image82
      Hendrikaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, I will do that

4. That Grrl profile image74
    That Grrlposted 3 years ago

Sign up for accounts on Facebook, Twitter and etc. Post your hub to these accounts, not more than once every 24 hours. Post social chitchat too. Don't leave your Twitter account as just links. The way to get followers is to be someone you would find interesting and follow yourself. Think about something interesting you can post at least as often as you post links to your hubs.

Set up an account on Blogger and post a link and summary to your hub there too. This gives you backlinks. Don't repost your entire post, just the title, summary and the link. Create a post to highlight your hub post(s). You can use a Blogger post to link all your relevant hubs in one niche or topic. Don't just repost a link and leave it there without some conversation or introduction.

If this is a topic you write about often join some online groups and put a link to your hub (or your HubPages profile) into your profile on the group site/ bio. Then be active in discussions with the group. Offer opinions and ideas and give your hubs as links for people to find out more and follow up. This is also a great way to find ideas to write about in the same topic.

In short - create engagement.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

I don't delete anything. I figure if a piece isn't getting traffic here, there's no point in moving it, since it'd probably be ignored at its new place too.

So, first I look the comatose Hub over to see if it needs some tweaking/updating, which it usually does, even if the fixes are minor.... then I give it a kick in the butt via my Facebook page and the other usual avenues to try and drum up some traffic.
    Usually it helps, even if for only a little while.

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I've never had any become unfeatured because of a lack of engagement, but some of them have dropping scores which might lead to that event. I'd leave it where it is for now. As some of the other people said, you can always update the information and post links at other sites.

1. liesl5858 profile image90
      liesl5858posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you sheilamyers for your kind reply. I will do that.

Closed to reply

working