What type of turkey will you be preparing for Thanksgiving?

1. CarolineChicago profile image84
    CarolineChicagoposted 3 years ago

What type of turkey will you be preparing for Thanksgiving?

So many options are available for Thanksgiving turkeys. Which are you preparing: fresh or frozen; organic or conventional; free-range, cage-free, or pasture-raised? What weight turkey do you think you need for how many guests?

2. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 3 years ago

Since I'm vegetarian (well, on special occasions, flexatarian), last year I hosted Thanksgiving and had a vegan event. I didn't even use fake meat. But I made vegan mac and cheese, home-made stuffing, stuffed squash, and of course, it was potluck as well. I knew plenty of people would be upset about the lack of bird, but I wanted to make a statement that a)this holladay could be delicious without meat and b) that one should be attending the dinner because of their enjoyment of company, not for the food...or football. It was a good Thanksgiving smile
    This year, in complete contrast, still not ding a turkey, but my mom and I are teaming up to do a leg of Lamb.

3. Bill Yovino profile image89
    Bill Yovinoposted 3 years ago

Every year I make two turkeys. A traditional whole turkey and  a Tuscan style stuffed breast. The stuffing has pancetta, thyme, sage, and garlic. It's really good.

working