jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What type of stuffing do you put into your Turkey(bird not country)?

1. Terje Sannarnes profile image61
    Terje Sannarnesposted 7 years ago

What type of stuffing do you put into your Turkey(bird not country)?

This question might me a little bit late or off season, and since I already are preparing a Turkey dinner, got so tired of Big Dinners in Christmas, so we saved the bird for later. In Norway some of us stuff the Turkey with Prunes and Apples, some use bread crumbs, bacon and mushrooms. What is your favorite stuffing?

2. MickS profile image73
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Pork sausage meat in the neck end.  Rosemary, parsley, thyme, real suet, wholemeal breadcrumbs, whole lemon, and chopped and whole onion in the body cavity.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image79
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

You could try Popping Corn....

It is not a brilliant stuffing but it's a great auto timmer, when the corn swells, pops and blows the ass off your turkey it's cooked !

4. Jan Fowler profile image61
    Jan Fowlerposted 7 years ago

I have tried many variations of stuffing and have finally arrived at a recipe that suits everyone in my family. It is not fancy and does not have any extra nuts, fruits, oysters, etc. Very simpley it has onion, carrot, celery, green and red peppers, thyme, salt and pepper. But the star of the stuffing is the bread. I make garlic croutons out of a loaf of french country wheat bread with the crust trimmed off. Cube the bread and place on a baking sheet, sprinkle on the chopped garlic and drizzle olive oil. Then toast in oven, tossing occasionally, till golden. Next make and bake the stuffing. Yummy!

5. Gary Rowell profile image59
    Gary Rowellposted 7 years ago

My family always put the real bird dressing in there, but I opt  for stove top stuffing.Quick and easy

6. ts.erlandsson profile image60
    ts.erlandssonposted 7 years ago

We donĀ“t eat Turkey in Sweden like int he USA in christmas.
    But I like it. We normaly put appels inside. God enough.

7. Loving_Life profile image57
    Loving_Lifeposted 7 years ago

I don't put stuffing in my turkey. I make it on the side...and its a sage & onion stuffing that I do

8. must65gt profile image80
    must65gtposted 6 years ago

I never put stuffing in the bird; it soaks up the grease and fat. I cook the stuffing separately and I prefer cornbread stuffing.