jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are you eating Genetically Modified Foods?

1. platinumOwl4 profile image77
    platinumOwl4posted 3 years ago

Are you eating Genetically Modified Foods?

The answer could shock you, and before you answer sources claim American could currently consume it without knowing it. The FDA has already approved  Clone Meat and Milk for sale.

2. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 3 years ago

I'm sure that I am on some occasions as GM foods are not labelled as such.  I go to great lengths to avoid GM foods and believe I am successful  at least 95% of the time.  I believe GM foods should be labelled as such so consumers like myself can make an informed decision.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Not if I can help it. I go out of my way to avoid GM foods whenever I can. I look for the Non-GMO Project logo when I shop, and will pay extra for items that wear it. I also buy organic produce, because anything grow from GM seed cannot be designated organic.

I'm just not interested in eating food that has been altered in a lab, and is only tested by the manufacturers. There is no independent study showing the long-term effects of eating food items that have been modified, and until there is, I feel better avoiding them.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

but how do you the food is GM when it is not labelled?

1. lisavollrath profile image96
      lisavollrathposted 3 years agoin reply to this

GM foods aren't labelled, but many foods that don't contain GMOs bear the Non-GMO Project logo on the front. Also, there are many lists of produce items you shouldn't buy unless they're organic (non-GMO). Just Google to find them.

working