jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Don't you think there is enough people on Diets that we can stop blasting...

1. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 2 years ago

Don't you think there is enough people on Diets that we can stop blasting...

the media with Diet food and drinks?  They are all over the Internet, on the TV, In Newspapers and even mostly on the grocery stores shelves.  It is like a crazy out of control Fad!

2. word55 profile image73
    word55posted 2 years ago

It's ok, the adds shouldn't bother anyone that they don't apply to.

Lady Guinevereposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Really?!  They bother me and I am not on a diet.  It is now very hard to find regular foods that aren't diet or low sodium or fat free.  That bothers me.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

I know what you mean they bother me too. I cannot stand them and I am not on a diet. I believe that they will continue as long as people continue to get ideas that they think is "the one". Individuals, doctors, college professors,... the list goes on and on.

Diet foods and drinks have been proven to make you hungrier and thirstier. Then you have all those who are telling everyone that they are fat and wasing the money on millions and then you have the doctors complaining about it BUT They are ALL getting

2. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years agoin reply to this

That is right, the diet foods make money, doctors make money, people spend money and it does not help.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image60

finish my sentence: PAID to subsidize the Big Pharma! See why I will not get Health Insurance and the run around?! It is all one BIG SCAM!!!!

4. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I apologize for commenting before you finished the sentence but that is what I meant about it being a scam.

5. Lady Guinevere profile image60

No, I didn't have enough characters to finish my sentence until I got another comment.  The thigns we have to do to get around that annoyance? hehe  I do believe they are a scam and they put pple on guilt trips.  Some! is going to get paid not matter

4. Holly Jenkins profile image60
    Holly Jenkinsposted 2 years ago

The diet industry is a billion dollar industry which feeds (pun intended) on our body consciousness and fear of being overweight. It's everywhere because it makes money.

working