jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Are you on a Gluten Free diet?

1. jaydawg808 profile image89
    jaydawg808posted 2 years ago

Are you on a Gluten Free diet?

2. sparkleyfinger profile image94
    sparkleyfingerposted 2 years ago

Im not as yet, but I am considering adopting this lifestyle as I think it could help ease my sluggishness.

3. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 2 years ago

I am in part because I break out in an itchy rash when I eat it or accidentally get "glutened." It took me a long time to figure out what was going on, numerous visits to several doctors (several of whom TOTALLY misdiagnosed me, extending my suffering) until I, not a doctor figured it out. An allergist confirmed my suspicion, he was the 6th or 7th doctor I saw for this issue over a span of several months!

Since then, I have found that gluten is a very common cause of inflammation in your body and that inflammation is an underlying cause or somehow factors into numerous diseases. From my personal experience only after being off gluten, I have no more joint discomfort, no more dandruff, and higher energy levels.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image82
    tirelesstravelerposted 2 years ago

Yes.  It is a pain.  I am hungry a lot when I am traveling.  Though there are some places where its really easy to eat.  Kosher works quite well.  I can't eat dairy either.

1. Express10 profile image87
      Express10posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I've found that going paleo is good, as are Indian, Thai, and even some Mexican and African foods/takeout in a pinch whether you're at home or not. But, if you can get back to the basics, lean meats/seafood, veggies, fruits, nuts, you'll feel great.

working