jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do you eat More...or Less...when your kitchen pantry is stocked up?

1. howlermunkey profile image90
    howlermunkeyposted 19 months ago

Do you eat More...or Less...when your kitchen pantry is stocked up?

The obvious would be "more" right? Do you feel hungrier when there is nothing to eat in the kitchen? It seems like I actually eat less when I stock my pantry...does this happen to you too?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13213584_f260.jpg

2. Alessio Ganci profile image64
    Alessio Ganciposted 19 months ago

I don't feel differences, as I eat 6 meals a day and in order to gain a specific amount of calories (as I do CrossFit and I eat basing on my sport activity). In addition eating less but often means having less hunger pangs, as it is the way your body is better feed up.

Obviously I imagine someone who has the standard 3 meals, would eat less if they have a stocked up kitchen.

howlermunkeyposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Good point, someone who has a disciplined regimen wouldn't be bothered by the amount of food on hand. I unfortunately am the opposite of disciplined when it comes to diet (right now, anyways)!

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 19 months ago

Lol!  I can be like there is nothing to eat and my cabinets are stocked

howlermunkeyposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Can totally relate. I spentyears buying only stuff that was "good for me" at the grocery store, so then of course I ended up eating out more often than I should have....same thing..."bah, I have nothing to eat...and I just went to the friggin store..

4. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 18 months ago

Jeff,
    When the pantry is stocked I eat better. I have so many choice then. It's hard when you're on a diet. On the other hand, my husband eats endlessly when we've just gone shopping.
    Lisa

working