Fast Food

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Brinafr3sh profile image75
    Brinafr3shposted 13 years ago

Do you eat fast food more than you eat home cooked meals?

1. Brinafr3sh profile image75
      Brinafr3shposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I eat home cooked meals more than fast food. And it saves on money by eating home meals.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Definitely not.  I cook 6 nights a week (if not 7), and bring bag lunches to work.  I don't remember the last time I went to a fast-food establishment.  The closest was probably a local burger joint in Oakland a few years ago.  I know too much about fast food and what's in it to be able to choke it down.  I'd probably involuntarily vomit.

1. KiaKitori profile image69
        KiaKitoriposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What about Subway? Is it bad too?
        I eat there from time to time.

3. KiaKitori profile image69
      KiaKitoriposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I cook at home too and sometimes I even cook my own junk food. Still, I feel that I don't get enough veggies and fruits in my meals.

4. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no, I don't eat it. We cook every night and lunches are salads or leftovers from the night before.

have you watched Fast Food Nation, or Food, Inc? 

an occasional subway is fine, but fast food is basically food stuff and chemicals.

BTW, I love the attitude quote you have on your profile! smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhh yes Fast Food Nation  oh wow

Its not McDonalds its really McPoops... roll

Also the more I check food labels ,the more disheartened Im becoming...some foods ,canned or pre-packaged are carrying 90% salt!! ,the sugar thing is also outrageous or they get around it by using corn syrup ,so they can say sugar 0%..crazy.

I am sure this is not what people want,so how come they have laws that allow the manufacturers to be able too.

I dont get it.

1. aslanlight profile image64
          aslanlightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sugar's addictive, which is why they add it, so we'll keep coming back for more! Salt adds more taste to otherwise tastless non-food.

5. aslanlight profile image64
      aslanlightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I rarely eat fast foods. I gave them up several years ago for health reasons and now I don't enjoy them.

6. Daffy Duck profile image61
      Daffy Duckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No.  I cook almost all of my meals.  It helps to control my weight and it is cheaper.

7. rcrm89 profile image62
      rcrm89posted 13 years agoin reply to this

McDonalds maybe 1-2x per year max.

Subway maybe 3-4x per year

That's about it when it comes to fast food.

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

I eat homecooked meals,lots of fresh whole foods BUT occassionally I eat junk food because it tastes so good!

3. Bellamie profile image61
    Bellamieposted 13 years ago

nowadays it costs too much to eat out, so we do a lot of home cooking.  its healthier meals, too.

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

Fast food will kill you. Know a guy's mom, her son 23 got diabetes and cancer on a diet of soda and fast food, plus weighed about near 300 pounds.

5. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

Unless it is Wendy's #6(spicy chicken) I usually don't touch it. McDonalds is kind of gross as is BK, White Castle, or any of those other places. I'd rather go buy some sausage and grill out.

I probably make a eat roast beef or turkey sandwiches more than anything.. Or maybe even cereal.

1. optimus grimlock profile image60
      optimus grimlockposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wendys spicey chicken is garbage compared to chick-fila's, try it once and you'll never go back!

6. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Forget about "that tastes good" excuse! if you realise what it does to your body, you'll never be able to enjoy it. It ruins your health, it's not natural, it's overprocessed and is only good to fatten pigs! But nowadays even pork meat preferred to be lean! Places like McDonald and Tim Horton's in Canada (I do not know if they sneaked in US or not yet) should be illegal. I am not joking. People eat oversugared "dog's nuts" with sugary coffee and fat cream. What else? Soups at Tom Horton's are cooked in a plastic bag for hours, don't ask me why, no idea. Bagels and breads have cheap margarine in it. I worked there, I know. If I tell you everything you are not going to eat anything there, guaranteed. Take a lunch bag, how hard is it?

7. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Home cooked

8. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

"I am sure this is not what people want,so how come they have laws that allow the manufacturers to be able too." Because the manufacturers own America and control the FDA.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmm Seriously?

9. lrohner profile image67
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I eat almost all of my meals at home, with the occasional pizza from a nearby restaurant (soooo good) every couple of weeks, and the occasional meal out with friends. But every couple of months I have to admit that I get the craving and eat either a McD's fish sandwich, a Subway sub (whole wheat bread, hold half the bread) or a Quizno's salad or sub. I can't help myself. smile

10. mcimicata profile image58
    mcimicataposted 13 years ago

Definitely not! I have the occasional fast food meal, but it is usually only once or twice per month

11. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

industry owns our politicians who are supposed to be passing legislation for the benefit and welfare of Americans. ha.

http://gawker.com/#!5792008/making-fact … st-the-law
    Be sure to watch the video before it's against the law to see where your food comes from.

12. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...at the OP...No!  big_smile

13. Esquae profile image60
    Esquaeposted 13 years ago

No, I'm very conscious of what I eat and cook about 90% of everything I eat.

There is always room for a fast food night when you eat well.

14. eatlikenoone profile image60
    eatlikenooneposted 13 years ago

I never eat fast food unless there is a situation where I can't get home to cook, so mainly only when traveling.

15. Matt in Jax profile image60
    Matt in Jaxposted 13 years ago

I eat a lot more home-cooked meals than I do fast food, but I do enjoy take out every now and again.

16. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 13 years ago

I had to take a few minutes to think about this reply and when I did actually last have fast food. The best I can do is state that it is definitely more than two years ago because I was living in London at the time. I remember buying a doner kebab after leaving a pub fairly late one night (in no condition to be cooking.)

I would honestly never consider buying fast food, except in an emergency. It is inferior to home cooked food in taste, it is many times more expensive and it is more often than not extremely unhealthy in nature.

Don't see the appeal! smile

17. camlo profile image81
    camloposted 13 years ago

I often feel a pang of hunger which causes me to drop into a McDonald or Burger King, which I just happen to be passing by. Bockwurst, ice cream and white chocolate seem to be part of my daily diet, too. But I do take a vitamin pill each day.

Okay, I'm exagerating a little - I also cook a healthy meal almost every evening, and I did eat an apple today.

18. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I've eaten loads of junk while traveling, luckily my friends I'm visiting began cooking me meals, they are Italian lol

19. shellybelly123 profile image60
    shellybelly123posted 13 years ago

I try to eat at home because its healthy, tastier and cheaper.  Fast food tastes good then you break out and get this ugly belly fat.

20. profile image51
    ForYourInfoposted 13 years ago

I think people should be honest.Because most of the busy people who specially works outside,have to depend sometime on fast foods.The tanagers are mad for fast foods.Burgers,Pizza,Chocolates,Ice creams are the first preference on their menu list.So,fast foods are quite hot listed.But we should avoid fast foods as much as we can as it does nothing but bad for our health.

21. profile image0
    janellelkposted 13 years ago

I eat out quite a bit more than I'd like but I totally stay away from fast food.  Fast food makes me feel like crap. 

I love to cook at home and I hope with this upcoming living situation change, I'll really be able to do a lot of heavy duty home cooking!

22. SandyMcCollum profile image61
    SandyMcCollumposted 13 years ago

My college-age kids all say they can't feed themselves cheaper than a dollar menu! So guess what they eat a lot of.... I do like to cook and the dollar menu is cheaper, but I just don't like it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)