jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

White Castle tests adding booze to its menu

1. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

COLUMBUS, Ohio  White Castle, a 90-year-old hamburger chain known for its square "slider" burgers, is sipping on the idea of offering alcoholic beverages as it tests beer and wine sales at a restaurant in Indiana.

The food famously craved by stoners in the 2004 movie "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle" can be had with a glass of wine or a domestic or seasonal beer at a Lafayette, Ind., restaurant that fuses a conventional White Castle with a new concept for the company called Blaze Modern BBQ. Wine costs $4.50 and beers start at $3.

Other fast-food restaurants also are dabbling with alcohol. Earlier this year, Burger King opened the Whopper Bar South Beach, a restaurant in Miami Beach offering beer, and Starbucks Corp. has been testing beer and wine at a few sites.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45753069/#.TvI-JVYlrT4
    I'm guessing drinks won't be offered at the drive in window... lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years ago

This sounds dangerous.  You don't walk into a White Castle unless you've already had a few drinks.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
      MelissaBarrettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually, getting drunk at White Castle would probably reduce the amount of drunk people on the road by half...  After all they are already there.  Now, if someone could start serving pot at Dunkin Doughnuts, we could wrap up almost all DUIs.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We have a guy in our neighborhood who does that.  I'm not sure if Dunkin' inc. gets a cut or not.

2. profile image0
        jenuboukaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Melissa that is way too funny...and probably very true

3. Hollie Thomas profile image62
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

Whoa, if heart attack food is no longer as profitable as it once was. Let's serve something really addictive and cheap to boot!

4. Matt in Jax profile image71
    Matt in Jaxposted 5 years ago

Would be an awesome idea I think if they're looking to revamp their image towards something more like a chain of bars.

5. Stacie L profile image90
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Maybe they should open bars and just serve little hamburgers as a snack..lol

1. Matt in Jax profile image71
      Matt in Jaxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lol. That'd probably be a smarter side business so if it does fail, they don't damage the White Castle brand name.

6. bloggernotjogger profile image60
    bloggernotjoggerposted 5 years ago

It doesn´t seem all that weird.

In Spain, my Big Mac combo always includes a pint of beer.

working