jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (35 posts)

Lasagna

1. taylord08 profile image60
    taylord08posted 5 years ago

I am looking for a good lasagna recipe. The one I make is very simple and I want to make one that would make my husband want more. Any suggestions?

1. mio cid profile image40
      mio cidposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I will start writing a hub right now about my recipe passed on to me from my uncle, it's the best lasagna you will ever eat but you need at least 2 hours to make it. it  has four layers topped with white sauce and red sauce and parmesan cheese.I'll publish it tomorrow.

ok I finished my lasagna recipe hub i hope  some people will try it , although it's not one of your done in half hour meals.

2. RASO profile image73
      RASOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@taylord08 did you look for some lasagna recipes on google ?

taylord08posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes I did. I can make agood lasagna but I want something Different. Something he never had before

3. mio cid profile image40

I just finished my lasagna recipe hub, you will be making a lasagna for the ages and you won't find this recipe anywhere on the internet.

1. RASO profile image73

@mio cid - Did you published it allready ?

yes it's published

1. RASO profile image73

@mio cid - Yes I saw it. I sent you email about it.

where do i see the email?

1. RASO profile image73

I contacted you here, over hubpages contact form...

I don't know where to read that message

1. RASO profile image73

On your email...which one of your emails is for hubpages ?

2. taylord08 profile image60

Good I'm going to look at the recipe. I am willing to try anything as long as it delicious

4. Just_Rodney profile image82
      Just_Rodneyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can look up my hub pon chicken lasagna, it works great and is quite decadent. Time consuminging but worth the effort.
      Drop me a commenton my hub once you have tried it!

2. Pearldiver profile image82
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

You don't need a new recipe... if you really want to get him to want more... give him less! big_smile  Did your mother not tell you how seductive that can be? sad

3. brittanytodd profile image93
    brittanytoddposted 5 years ago

I have a great lasagna cupcake recipe (it's not sweet, but just lasagna shaped as cupcakes so that all of the sides are crispy).  Everyone at my house loves it!  You can search my page for the recipe.  Good luck!

4. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago

Decide what he likes most about lasagna. Meat? Add more meat. Cheese? Add more cheese. Often people can't eat a lot of lasagna because it's so filling. Try substituting the pasta noodles with grilled eggplant. Layer the same way only using eggplant instead of pasta. He'll eat more because the pasta won't be laying on his stomach.

Maybe he has an issue with the type of meat. Substitute hot Italian sausage or turkey sausage. Or make a vegetable lasagne using grilled red peppers, Portobello mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, eggplant or whatever.

5. taylord08 profile image60
    taylord08posted 5 years ago

Thank You,  will try that. I need to give him something different, he gets bored with the same old thing.

1. Robie Benve profile image99
      Robie Benveposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking to write a hub with my famous lasagna bolognese recipe... I think I'll get it started this week. It has meat sauce (I already have a hub on how to make that) and besciamelle sauce, very yummy!

That sounds delicious.I will be looking for it.

6. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 5 years ago

I like to make individual lasagna rolls instead of a big layered dish of it. The recipe has the same ingredients. The ricotta cheese, sauteed onion and garlic/eggwhite mixture is spread on the noodles which are rolled up and placed in a 9x12 pyrex dish. The dish holds approx 12 rolls. The sauce is poured over the rolls, then baked until bubbly.  Parmesan cheese, ground beef, Italian sausage, spinach, or other faves can be added to the mix that is spread before rolling. The presentation is nicer, and the whole thing doesn't fall apart and lose its filling.

Sounds good. You have a recipe published for that.

7. TheKitchenGeeks profile image59
    TheKitchenGeeksposted 5 years ago

Use fresh pasta, that makes a difference. Also, if you're making your own tomato sauce, add a bit of sugar to counter the acidity. You can even do that to the store-bought variety, because they're often way too acidic. And although I almost always use cottage cheese mixed with egg and some pepper for one layer, I made it with ricotta once to amazing results. I should do that more often.

Man, I do love lasagna.

The Kitchen Geeks

I always put it ricotta. Makes a difference. I never made fresh pasta but willing to try it

2. scruffy5533 profile image59
      scruffy5533posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I prefer the sweetness already in the tomato. Garlic is an alkali.

8. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 5 years ago

The best lasagna: three words, fresh, fresh, fresh.
    Homemade pasta, homemade mozzarella and ricotta, grass fed beef, organic vegetables and herbs.  If you need milk, then get a cow and do that. I did this in Europe, changed my life, and possibly broke my back, but it was amazing.

I love to cook but to get a cow. I don't think I can do that.

1. profile image0
        jenuboukaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

smile lol, I know, when in Europe...It was an experience to say the least.

working