jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)

For BLT Lovers: A Question

1. nonslick50 profile image81
    nonslick50posted 5 years ago

Hi,

I'm new to Hubpages and wanted to dip my big toe in the forums today. And I really didn't want to wet my big toe in a dark sticky pool of SEO or political/religious debate. For me, its about BACON!

I really dig BLT sandwiches. I'm sure many of you find the same. Lately I've been asking myself how many days in a row could I eat a BLT sandwich for lunch until I got sick of them. I think I could go a month. Maybe 6 weeks.

How about you? Anybody else out there ever question the limits of their own attraction to BLTs?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think a couple weeks maybe, at the most. 
      I love BLT's, but have never tried eating them every day!  But I know even they can get boring or become just too much.
      I must say I had a Subway BLT the other day; nice change of pace from regular ones.  I've also tried the Subway ones with the sweet onion dressing instead of mayo; that creates a bit of a change too.

Welcome to HubPages.
      Tasty subject you started off with.
      I'm willing to discuss the types of bacon too, as in thick or thin & crispy, etc.! wink smile

nonslick50posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the welcome, Brenda. I'm really a fish out of water here. But I know everybody can talk about bacon!

Yeah, I can see myself wanting something different after a couple of weeks too. I mean, that's a given. We all like variety. But really what I wonder is how many days of a BLT for lunch in a row would it take for me to just say, "Enough! I can't do it anymore!"

Types of bacon? Almost any type is good to me. I love thick, thin, crispy, burnt, you name it. And I'm not a snob, but I prefer anything organic. It gets a bit pricey sometimes though.

1. profile image0

I only like hotdogs burnt.
          But that's another story.  We're talkin' bacon here! haha.
          Bacon always tastes good, but I don't like the texture of the thick fatty bacon.  I like it thin and crispy with as little fat as possible.
          Haven't tried organic bacon, as far as I know.  Yes, all of it's pricey I think.  I used to make BLT's regularly, but who can afford it all the time?!  It's gone in a jiffy and so's your wallet, unless ya can only eat a slice or two at a time (which I can't).

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image76
      crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just love BLT sandwiches and I often serve the sandwiches at breakfast with creamy cheese grits and small little squares of orange crush pound cake. Its a delightful combination that everyone should try.

2. Kyricus profile image62
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

I'm a bacon fan even though I generally try to stay away from eating too much of the stuff.

That said, I don't think I could go for more than a week. Not so much because of the bacon as because of the monotony. I need a bit more diversity in my food than the same thing, for the same meal, for any extended period.

Yeah, I like variety too. This was kind of like a desert island type of question. If I had to eat only one thing for lunch, for, say, 2 months straight without deviation, what would it be? I would have to go with BLT.

3. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago

Pretty funny. Thanks for the link. : )

4. Michael J Rapp profile image60
    Michael J Rappposted 5 years ago

I love BLTs, on white toast with plenty of mayo.  But I think I could only eat them for a day or two before I begin to imagine what else I could add to it.  Like tuna or turkey.  This is why when I start out thinking about BLTs I usually end up with a club sandwich.

Welcome to HubPages! smile

Thanks Michael!

And ya, Clubs with bacon can be the bomb too. ; )

5. Kyricus profile image62
    Kyricusposted 5 years ago

Ok, I give up...must have BLT for dinner...must have...

You win!

6. Eric Newland profile image61
    Eric Newlandposted 5 years ago

I think I'd have to stop the BLT streak because of how sick I felt before I'd actually get tired of the bacon itself.

I like my bacon crispy, but not crunchy, with just a bit of chewy give to it.

7. Lilleyth profile image85
    Lilleythposted 5 years ago

Oh I seriously could eat a BLT everyday, especially if the tomato was a freshly picked one from my garden, still warm from the sun...

Yep, the garden grown tomato puts the whole sandwich over the top!

8. Jonathan Janco profile image75
    Jonathan Jancoposted 5 years ago

I work in food service so its quite a strain for me to eat anything more than once.

9. profile image64
    logic,commonsenseposted 5 years ago

Did you know that you can now buy a bacon wrapped casket to be buried in?

My preference is a BELT.  Bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato, oh and cheese.  Maybe some sliced zucchini and/or sliced cucumber.  MMMMM!

1. profile image0

A bacon-wrapped casket?
      Wow.  haha

Well, the BELT sounds good!

10. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!  BLTs are a favorite for me, too - but I use turkey bacon or an imitation version (haven't eaten pork for many years).  I also like fried egg sandwiches, so I may have to try a BELT soon!

Thanks for the welcome, Marcy. Turkey bacon can work too. You just gotta have the right tomato!

working