Illegal Immigration Reform? Nope! Ain't Gonna' Happen!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image66
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

And I have an opinion on why. I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see this ever happening. IMO

Reason why:
    Illegals in America = Cheaper labor cost.

American Business is all about profit. When a business can pay less for labor then the profits rise so that is the way it will go.

Illegal workers do not pay Federal Taxes, State Taxes, Social Security,Medic Aid tax, property tax, county tax, city tax, and all the other taxes. Add in Businesses that will pay for housing (yeah...up to 6-12 people in a house...estimate)and take that as a Business Tax write-off. A business does not pay for Health Care, holiday pay, hiring fees, unemployment benefits, worker's compensation or other expenses for illegal workers.

Why would Business owners or Politicians want to do away with Illegal workers in America??? It would cost THEM money!

Politicians are not the common working class Americans. They have money and their only concern is how to make even more money. They will protect the wealthier class since they are the campaign contributors.

So why would WE the working class Americans want Business owners and Politicians to take a hit in their wallet???

Put it this way:

Exempt me from:federal tax, State Tax, Medic Aid Tax, Social Security Tax, property tax, county tax, city tax, Worker's Comp fees, pay for my housing.....and then I could work for LESS salary!!!

BUT....then how would the US Government make money from the Taxes to waste???

SO...in my opinion.....Illegal Immigrants as workers are here to stay and will increase! Taxes will continue to rise for the legal American workers to support the illegals. We will pay to support the illegal workers for big business and for whatever illegals need. This way big business will make more profits.

Politicians will campaign on the topic of Reform of Immigration, but...nothing will be done. Get your vote and do what is best for their own wallet!

Just my opinion on the subject!

1. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Immigration platforms are just one of the favorites that politicians use to get elected knowing no real change will come about.  A few of the others are abortion, welfare reform, social security and medicare reform.  It stirs up a lot of nothing and gets the peasants to focus away from the corruption and sweetheart deals the congress use to line their pockets.

Until we the people understand that none of the slime on the hill are to be trusted and we the people need to get informed there can be no contientious change in the way our government acts on their own behalf.

2. Sab Oh profile image54
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

Oh, I think obama would love to not only grant a blanket amnesty but make all illegals into instantly voting citizens. One of the only ways he might get a second term (for others, see Puerto Rico).

Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read about Puerto Rico the other day. Interesting timing. Democrats receive a lot of support from minority voters and Obama will not pursue a Bill that might upset the minority voters. But...it is not just Obama! Republicans and Democrats in Congress with protect their profit makers.

3. JON EWALL profile image60
    JON EWALLposted 13 years ago

MY FAVORITE HUBBERS
    CHECK THIS OUT, A MEESAGE FROM GOVENOR BREWER

Fighting Arizona’s drug trafficking and border violence problem

Just a few days ago, a major drug ring was broken up and 39 Mexican cartel operatives suspected of running 40,000 pounds of marijuana through southern Arizona were indicted.  This is merely the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Arizona’s drug trafficking and border violence problem. 

Narcotics prosecutions in Arizona have risen 202% in 16 months, however, according to the Transactional Records Access Clearing House, there will be 1,080 prosecutions refused this year in Tucson alone.  This represents over one-third of all unprosecuted cases in the Southwest.  Until January of 2009, any smugglers carrying under the threshold of 500 pounds were often not prosecuted - a fact that smugglers knew all too well!

When she served as Governor of Arizona, Janet Napolitano sent countless requests to Washington to take action in securing our border.  Now, as Secretary of Homeland Security, she claims that the border is “as secure now as it has ever been.”  That’s the problem.  Our border wasn’t secure when she was governor and it’s not secure now.  We’re not buying that “the system worked.”  By turning a blind eye, Secretary Napolitano is betraying us in her home state.  Napolitano personifies what happens when people go to Washington. Sometimes, they forget who they represent.

As the rhetoric on illegal immigration continues to grow out of control, it’s more important than ever to share the facts on Arizona’s new law.  The reality is that Arizona’s new law mirrors federal law, which the federal government is not enforcing.  George Will put it in perspective; the federal government's refusal to control the border is what has caused this problem in the first place.

As I stated when I signed the law, racial profiling is illegal and will not be tolerated in Arizona.  The bottom line is that the federal government must secure our borders and I think Arizona finally got their attention. It looks like we're going to have a battle on our hands, but I'll keep telling the truth and doing what is right for Arizona and our country.

OBAMA AND CONGRESS LISTEN UP, YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED. THE PEOPLE WANT THE TRUTH AND THE GOVERNMENT TO ENFORCE THE LAW.

Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

EXACTLY!!!!!!

1. JON EWALL profile image60
        JON EWALLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Michael Willis

The activists are out in major cities protesting the Arizona Immigration  law that will take effect in 90 days. They are protesting the law, maybe no one has told them that in 1986 a federal law was passed to correct immigration problems.Illegals have broken the law, let's have justice for all.
        Let's join the protest that our government is aiding and abetting the law of the land.On Monday and the following days let's contact our public servants and vent our anger on them for looking the other way,  not respecting the law and their oath of office.
        It's time that the silent majority speak up load and clear for once.

4. JON EWALL profile image60
    JON EWALLposted 13 years ago

HUBBERS
    TAKE NOTE OF MEXICAN LAW
    If you break the Mexican illegal immigrant law.
    First offence 2years in jail
    Second offence 10 years in jail
    I would venture to say that there are not many with 10 year terms.
    In the US,ICE if they don't release the illegals they send the illegals back to the border ( many try getting back in often )
    THE ARIZONA LAW BS 1070 TAKES EFFECT ON JULY 29TH
    As President Obama said '' Adios Amigos ''

At least 9 members of the Obama administration who have made comment of Arizona Immigration Law SB 1070 admitted that they did not read the law.
    I guess not reading the law is the norm for President Obama and Congress.

1. Sab Oh profile image54
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Par for the course with this gang

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)