Arrrggghhh! Amazon - Help!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. michifus profile image57
    michifusposted 13 years ago

Hi guys and gals,

relatively new to this, and sorry for the long winded post.

I joined hubpages and Amazon and added Amazon widgets to my hubs. For the first few days I got some clicks (4) after which they stopped. 7100 visits later, still no clicks so I asked someone to click my adverts to check if it was registering. They were not.

I got in touch with Amazon.co.uk who advised me that I cannot advertise on Amazon.com if I have an Amazon.co.uk account, as they have no way of tracking the clicks.

So, I set up a new account on Amazon.com to target the US visitors (as according to my analytics, I get 70% from the US)

Job done I thought. However, when I checked my links through Amazon link checker I found that if I let Amazon select the products automatically, or if I just enter in the ISBN or ASIN tag it doesn't register as my link.

The only way I can get them to register to my account is by entering the product in the format as follows:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/{insert ASIN or ISBN}/your_associates_id

when checking on their link checker:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.co.uk/ … /main.html

Whilst I can now go through all 21 of my hubs, and manually select each individual item, its a pain, and I am concerned that others might have a similar problem.

I.e if you let Amazon choose automatically, or just enter in the ISBN or ASIN number (as instructed by hubpages) that the clicks will not register.

Has anyone else had this problem? How do I contact Hubpages and get them to check this out. It could just be me of course as I said, I am new to all this.

2. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 13 years ago

My amazon links are doing just fine, and I add them either through the ASIN/ISBN codes , or let Amazon do it!

michifusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks - there must be a problem with my account then.

3. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 13 years ago

Hi michifus,

I'm having trouble understanding your post, but maybe I do...?  It looks to me like you're mixing up your Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk accounts. 

They're two entirely separate accounts and should be treated like two different affiliate arrangements. 

So as far as I know, you can only see items you promote from Amazon.com on your Amazon.com account, and you can only see Amazon.co.uk items on that account.  And the HubPages module ONLY tracks Amazon.com items.  I didn't even know it could display Amazon.co.uk items.

Unless I'm missing something because I'm a bit short of sleep here...

Thanks Fiction Teller - you are right, and that is the problem.

I had an amazon.co.uk account, which was using amazon.com products. I thought they were all the same, but they are not.

The problem appears to be as you have mentioned, I can have either or, but since there is only one space for an amazon code on hubpages, I have to choose which one I want. 

Its a bit of a pain, as I have a mix of UK and US visitors, but since Amazon is not linked up I have to choose my target market on hubpages and stick to it. I can have separate accounts and target the separate markets on my blog, just not on hubpages.

I have now joined the amazon.com programme, and whilst I have not managed to get it to work properly, I am getting closer.

Thanks again!

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

The set of links you are showing are still Amazon.co.uk, it is best that you think of these as not related.

Just to verify you CANNOT use an amazon.co.uk affiliate tracking ID on Hubpages Amazon Widgets, it must come from Amazon.com.

You can however puta couple of Amazon text links  trough to Amazon.co.uk

There is no point in using an Amazon link checker because Hubpages only displays your affiliate code 60% of the time.

I make quite a lot through Amazon on Hubpages, and can safely say that simply by using Amazon modules and using keywords or the codes you will get 60% ad impressions, and with enough buying traffic these will convert in to sales.

Please remember that while over 7000 visitors is a nice amount of traffic to start with, you will probably want to at least reach 500 to 1000 visitors a day before you start seeing regular sales!

Thanks Oli,  just starting so working up to 500+ a day.

I have deleted all Amazon widgets from my account, and will try again with my amazon.com account and Amazon.com codes.

Hopefully it will work this time!!!

It Works!!!!

Welcome back Amazon - all is forgiven smile

2. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

YOu didn't need to delete the widgets, they automatically update if you change the code in your affiliate settings!

glad to know you got it working though!

I did it out of Amazon rage, then relented.

1. Anesidora profile image60
            Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

5. Anesidora profile image60
    Anesidoraposted 13 years ago

Okay oli I won't bother complaining then until I'm regularly hitting about 750 a day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)