Paul McCartney - A Beatle to Boycott - A True Bug, a Backbiter

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (66 posts)
  1. KFlippin profile image60
    KFlippinposted 13 years ago

Paul McCartney - how sick, how sad, how unbelievable, his crappy slur to Bush and to Laura on his high night in the White House.   Not to mention Obama has all this time for entertainment right now? If it were Bush or any other Republican President he, or she, would be attacked like a hoard of biting, virus carrying mosquitos on the Louisiana coast, and Paul McCartney would keep his delicate arse well away from the action.

1. CkhoffmanK profile image79
      CkhoffmanKposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pretty strong words for someone with only 6 hubs and 17 followers.

well make that 18, cuz  Im one of those people who like to watch the degenerates.

Listen -- A god mcartney is not -- neither is bush, neither is obama.

and I do believe bush had plenty of time for sitting at his ranch and hiding from disasters while he was digging us into a hole of war and economic disaster.

Is obama fixing it? maybe not. But it's hard to clean up such a big mess left behind.

obviously youre one of those super right wing types. that's sad.

The world is changing. constantly and there is no place in the big scheme of things for narrow minded idiots.

just my 2c

KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really, and  you have such great references and longevity.  ROFL

ROFL, again and again.......such insight.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
          Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Pretty strong words for someone with only 6 hubs and 17 followers."

I think she had 18, but MadamX  is no more.

Getting desperate are you?  I've noticed those of you dumbfounded reach for unfounded innuendo about other screen names, or however they're referred to here.  As I recall, I pretty much liked Madame X's opinions, and will check to see if she is really gone, and I'll take that as a complement for now.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image73
            Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know HP is a business.

I would think that hubber retention is a sound business policy.
            But then gloating about chasing hubbers from the site makes an appearance.

I just do not understand that?

Makes me say Hmmmm?

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
              Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who chased her away, and more importantly, how?

1. Arthur Fontes profile image73

I think she explained herself in her hubs before she left.

Unfortunately they are no longer published.

This sounds like she voluntarily left, did she?  Or did she leave in a huff, like some do, because she didn't like to be disagreed with?  I guess I missed this drama!

I dislike drama all together.  I have no wish to prolong it.

I just had to point out the obvious.

2. KFlippin profile image60

Interesting.

3. Doug Hughes profile image61

Randy - I will explain the obvious. She shot herself in the foot until she ran out of feet. First she accused me of being a government paid blogger sent to disrupt the hubs.  That got her banned from the forums.

She wrote a hub complaining that HP was in a conspiracy (with me presumabley) to suppress conservatives. I don't know if that had anything to do with her departure or not. But HP may have decided that if telling lies about me justified a ban from the forums, telling lies about HP deserved the big delete.

Lastly, you speculated she left in a huff because she was disagreed with.  Yet, originally, here in this post, you speculate she was chased away.  Hmmmm.  That would be two very different scenarios, and you do seem to have a great interest in exploring Doogie's lame attempt to discredit me as an imposter.

Arthur inferred she was chased away, KFO.  Read his post before accusing me of speculation.  I asked a question.  You are speculating, not me!

2. Doug Hughes profile image61

I don't think I ever suggested you are an imposter.

It's an intereting suggetion - but you made it.

Doogie wrote:  "Pretty strong words for someone with only 6 hubs and 17 followers."

I think she had 18, but MadamX  is no more.

Well, ewwwwwwwww, maybe the rest of us have oil sludge in the brain, while yours is an oil slick on a different plane of mechanics.  Yeah, must be, because that is clearly an 'imposter' innuendo.  You must be quite HP confident considering the Madame X knowledge you have shared with us all below, must be nice.  Good for you, always good to have an in for short period in a human life of toil or toll or tole.

2. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Chased away?  Does she not have free will?

Madame X liked to dish it out but she couldn't take it.

We must be participating in different forums.  smile

1. profile image0

Hi Arthur.  Same forums, different perspective.  wink

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

2. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

????

And what is this all about??

Oh, gee, I guess he sang Oh Michelle at the White House and the Happy Couple goo gooed and gaa gaaed at each other,  and then McCartney trashed George Bush as not even knowing how to find a library, all last night in a big Doo Doo at the White House -- among other slurs.  Don't recall McCartney slogging it out in Lousiana during Rita either, do recall Obama trashing Bush for being slow to respond to a flood that no one coud foresee, don't recall Obama being in LA for that disaster either -- just his criticism well after the fact.

Boycott McCartney - I just may have a bumper sticker made with that.

"the flood nobody could foresee"  -- was predicted 2 weeks ahead of time. lol.

Bush deserves the critisicm he gets. He wasn't a good president. That is just a simple fact.

I don't necessarily think Obama is a great president either, Im just saying it's pretty ridiculous to get all rowled up over some shit a former Beatle said.

So paul mccartney doesn't like bush. Not many people do. He ruined our image with the rest of the world and caused a lot of chaos. Then he turned his back and never apologized for all the wrong he did.

just a simple fact.

I think this rabid "obama hatred" is just as asinine as the rabid bush hatred on the other side.

grow up.

You are more worried about our 'image with the world' than you are about your own country?  Noted

And no, it's not ridiculous, I do love that word ridiculous, to get 'all rowled up' (that would be 'riled' I'm fairly sure) over Paul McCartney's party down, and more especially the Obama's party down, while a significant part of this country is in an oily crisis -- are you aware of the extent of that?  Perhaps not.

And I would beg to differ in regard to 'not many people' like Bush, and that would be a grievous Liberal mistake that I sincerely hope continues to be made. 

Enjoying your life without another 911 since 911?

Fear breeds ignorance breeds hatred

I typed rowled as a southern accent, fwiw

We are a western civilization and people who are against western morals will always have a reason to attack.

People who preach 911 all over the place are nothing more than the same people who brought you the good ol' "duck & cover" propaganda.

Have fun slurping down your sheep soup. Get bloated on fear.

Maybe if our image was better, as in diplomatic relations, less people would feel compelled to attack us.

if you want to show a gov. endorsed statistic showing who likes who I would be willing to debate it with you. smile

The oil crisis isn't anyone's fault but the people who negated to fix their subpar materials (BP) and they will pay dearly for it if the republicans would stop intervening -- they support the big oil that is killing the area after all. wink

Im not worried about our country. We're taken care of quite well. Funny how bush couldn't stop the attacks but the present administration has foiled several.

Apparently you haven't spent much time in the south, never heard anyone say 'riled' up in a 'rowled' accent, maybe I'm to far east. 

"Have fun slurping down your sheep soup. Get bloated on fear." Right back at you darling!

The rest of your post, rhetoric, and empty at that.  Unbelievable, you are already working on a reason the oil spil is Bush's fault.  What a fairy tale leftist world.

Grew up in the south actually -- the deep south near the gulf. And this disaster with BP is very upsetting to me.

But even I am not infantile enough to go and blame a line of presidents for some crazy crap that has nothing to do with them. I do think, however, its a good reason to stop pursuing offshore drilling. It's a no-brainer.

If my decision to type a word with a faux accent is that perplexing to you, perhaps you should get yourself a vibrator, or a friend for the night. wink

I don't think she has but one choice!

Strike two!

Hello.......you are the infantile one placing Presidential blame, perhaps you should re-read your own faux blarney, and do keep in mind your repeated personal attacks.

3. profile image0

LOL!  I like you, CK. Let me take this opportunity to say hello.  smile

Hiccupping with hysterical ROFL!  Joy, oh Joy, life is good! Sleep well!

2. Doug Hughes profile image61

"Enjoying your life without another 911 since 911?"

Only a wingnut would take credit for what didn't happen - while not taking the blame for what DID happen.

There was plenty of warning prior to 911 which Bush and Co. did not act on . No one knows if decisive action in advance would have prevented it, but what is known is that the White House was warned and did NOT act. 911 happened on Bush's watch. Ignoring that fact AND taking credit for what didn't happen is sheer lunacy.

It's like Ford Theatre bragging that only one president ever got shot there.

Only a WingDing would continue to post irrelevant and unrespected crap full of wingnut labels to bolster their unsupportable words. 

And if you believe what you write, you really ought to take it up with Clinton -- shouldn't Bush have blamed 911 on Clinton and done a jam up good advertising job to ensure it settled in the American psyche that he 'inherited' 911.  LOL

2. tony0724 profile image59
              tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually Clinton had the crosshairs on Osama and did not pull the trigger. Think it might have been a different world had he ?

This was just propaganda from a movie!  Didn't you hear about it?

1. tony0724 profile image59
                  tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was also on a special on a documentary I saw on the Discovery channel.

And what was the reason for Clinton letting him go?  After all, wasn't he part of the Royal family who is so close to Bush Sr.?

Clinton laughed when asked about this reported incident and said he would have given permission for the shot if the incident had been true.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

This is what she does, CK.  I think it's termed "KFlippin out."  Again!  LOL!

Terribly empty statement, not much strike.

How did you feel about the way Dumbya handled Katrina, KFO?  Did you rant and rave on and on like you do about Obama?

Strike one!

Have you any idea of the history of flooding on the Mississippi River, in Louisiana?  Have you any idea of the history of that?  Of the respect and joint effort of our ancestors of that very thing? That they got the heck out if they could?  Rescued the rest themselves. Didn't think so.

Did anyone have a clue the sophisticated 20th century levies in LA wouldn't hold?  No, no one excepting the engineers that built them possibly. 

I'm surrounded by thousands of FEMA trailers from Katrina, are you? 

Should berms already be in place, and more being built, on the federal dime, to protect the wetlands of the Gulf Coast from this quite new 21st century disaster.  You are damx right.

Glad we agree.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Don't you know that Obama should be working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?

No time for a life...no time for culture...no time for music...

I'm sure KF does follows that rule too.

Paul McCartney had the audacity to employ freedom of speech, how dare he?

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Uninvited Writer.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80

It was Clinton's fault... roll

I have said it before, you can blame Clinton, Carter, even FDR for what the US is now, but you can't blame Bush because he isn't president anymore

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80

She is blaming BP...as it should be.

Too bad they put a limit on the liability of oil companies for oil spills...

There shouldn't be a limit on their liability, and so far as I'm concerned, they should not have been allowed, or directed, to drill that deep without a pretty good game plan to plug a well running wild, and that would be government failure at it's worst.

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

agreed.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No one should be allowed to drill that deeply unless they know exactly how to stop leaks if something drastic happens.

2. CkhoffmanK profile image79

for sure

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80

How old was the oil rig?

I looked it up...it was built in 2001. So...you are actually blaming Bush for this?

Strike two?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Strike 3?

She's out!

7. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

McCartney is about as close to a God as you get.

and Dubya isnt even worth mentioning anymore except for in jokes

and the Federal response to Katrina, even now, is pitiful

ROFL, do tell us more.

8. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

Wow this thread spun out of control quickly.

Paul Mccartney has the right to say anything he wants, just as I do.

I think sir mccartney is a disrespectful twit.  Not that I own anything outside of beatles albums, I would never spend a dime towards sir paul.

Love the Beatles, always and forever, and agree about McCartney, particularly now, and never will spend a nickel on him.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

I bet if Paul knew this, it would make him sad, Arthur! 

Hey Arthur, don't make Paul sad

Take a sad song, and make it better-er-er

Remember, to let him into your heart

Then you'll know, you'll make it feel better

Better, better, better

At least I am realistic of what I have control over.  LOL

The world is full of em though (twits)

9. CkhoffmanK profile image79
    CkhoffmanKposted 13 years ago

I don't know what all I am replying too here.. beh...

10. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

I understand the negative rage about McCartney.  Not just his words, just .period.  I don't know what he did that was so great to be knighted by the queen of England. They need to knight some of the humanitarians who actually DO something.....like feed and care for sick people in a sweltering tent in the middle of a humid jungle. Now THAT'S love. 

God bless Mother Theresa! She shoulda been knighted!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)