How Do You Remove 'Contact ryankett'

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

I have seen some people remove the contact option, could somebody tell me how to do this?

I need to seriously cut back my commitments a bit, other than publishing hubs.

To be honest, absolutely honest, I cant deal with the number of people asking me how to make money - especially as I am nowhere near making the amount that I would like to myself.

I will continue to answer some questions in the forum, and write some informative hubs which will hopefully help people, but I have too much going on in the offline world to meet my current commitments.

Your help would be appreciated.

2. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 13 years ago

Somewhere it actually asks you something like, "allow others to contact you via HubPages?" and you tick or untick the box.

Try contact details in your My Account.. I can't remember if it's there or not.

3. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Just untick the tick box on your edit profile on the two contacts....if that helps...

4. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

http://hubpages.com/my/profile

edit profile

untick "allow others to contact you"

I get more email then I can handle also - but as some of the email is occasionally of value and I dont mind helping with direct questions. I use a gmail filter that places all HP originating email into one Folder - I check this folder only when Im up to it.

You may want to pursue that as you never know when the email you receive may be from another potential buyer

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Cheers guys.

I intend to reinstate that option once I am over the hill with some external stuff, as I too enjoy getting emails and meeting new people. Deleting the option just seems to be the right thing to do over ignoring people.

I am also mindful of a hub which I am publishing on 1st July, which will disclose my earnings for a 12 month period. If a forum thread called "First $500 month" can result in about 30 emails in one night, then that hub could just get ridiculous! I will make a special effort to get involved in conversation on that one though, but just keep it all on thread.

I am in danger of sounding pretty rude, maybe even hypocritical (I have got to know people through that feature), but needs must.

Thanks guys,

Ryan.

6. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I just ignore emails from people asking things which can easily be researched nowadays.

I got one a few days back which was along the lines of

'Hi, I really liked your article on backlinks, can you tell me what backlinks are?'

I nearly cried.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is exactly the type of thing that I am talking about Oli.

I don't want to tarnish everybody with the same brush, and I have had some amazing emails. A few asking to republish my articles in magazines, a film producer asking me what was on a certain page of a book that I owned but which was sold out on Amazon. I have got to know some great hubbers.

But when somebody who joined two days ago emails you and says "I loved your hub on your Adsense Strategy, it taught me a lot, but what is backlinking, what are keywords, and how do I get traffic?" it actually means....

"I read your hub, I didn't understand any of it".

1. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha, sounds about right!

I did have you on a mental list of people to email about my new site, ThisisFreelance, it's pretty much an invite only article directory with 50/50 rev share and do follow backlinks, No PR as of yet but I am beginning to market it so hopefully will be 2 or 3 by the next update!

Send me a message if you are interested!

My solution to the poor quality emails is just to route my email to outlook and have it send all new senders to junk automatically, then I just scroll through and reply to the people who put some thought in to the message!

Fortunately I don't get too many of those emails nowadays though!

1. profile image0

I would love to check out that site thisisoli, I was one of the first users of Snipsly and SheToldMe. Be good to add another to my backlinking activities. Although I see much more positive results from Snipsly, in fact I don't see any results at all from SheToldMe hmm

Any scope for a referral scheme? Bearing in mind that I top the referral league on SheToldMe.com and got a personal message of thanks from the owner of Snipsly for the amount of activity I generated for him through a few posts, this may be in your interest wink

1. profile image0

OH OK....

Duh... invite only.

Thats great, keep it that way, I just realised what I had said.

SheToldMe has turned into a cesspool of crap. That has a referral scheme.

Snipsly has not, that doesn't have a referral scheme.

Invite only, way forward, I accept your invite and will email you accordingly.

Yay! I got an invite!

2. Jule Romans profile image95
      Jule Romansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I really liked your article on how to make money on the internet. Could you send me some money, please?  Better yet, could you send me LOTS of money? I need it really fast, so please be prompt.  I would also like your email address so I can sned it to all my friends, who also need money.

Thank you for your time.

(Hee.)

1. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I actually did get an email very similar to that once.

Somebody had read one of my Hubs about a recent success and they sent me an email saying they would link to it for 10% of my earnigns every month, yeaahhh right!

1. Jule Romans profile image95
          Jule Romansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HA HA! I'm pretty new at this, but even I know that is ludicrous.

So, the sending me money thing is off, then? Bummer.

7. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Why would we want to remove Ryankett? most of the time he is an alright guy. lol

8. thisisoli profile image72

Haha, I was thinking about a referral scheme at some point, however I simply don't have the knowledge required for something like that, most of my current website is built on slightly modified widgets that are already available to the general public!

I think She Told Me really is a little too spam filled nowadays, even though I have around 16 articles promoted and another 20 archived, I have still only seen a total of 12 hits over 3 months. Kinda not worth the bother!

I think Snipsly is probably built on a very similar system to my own, ie. wordpress + rev share widget for the backbone.

1. profile image0

Are you taking those stats from AdSense impressions though? As for some strange reason, impressions from SheTold me do not show on AdSense apart from the occassional one hmm

I have seen perhaps 50 impressions from SheToldMe, yet almost 5000 visits to Hubpages via SheToldMe. Which means of course that I have actually had at least 5000 impressions on SheToldMe.

But with 122 referrals, I would be hoping to make more than $3 a month! Which I scarcely do now. I made about $30 one month, before the site got swamped with rubbish.

I use it for the DoFollow backlink, that is as far as it go!

Referral scheme wouldn't work for an invite only site! I do have a couple of hubbers that I would like to recommend for an invite though, talk to you about it some time.

9. thisisoli profile image72

P.S remember that now you have removed your contact button, you may need to contact me for the link to join!

1. profile image0

Dont worry I will do, its on my to do list wink

I dread opening my email inbox right now... so one for the weekend!

10. thisisoli profile image72

I'm always happy to take recommendations, I just don't really want to open it up to the same kind of problems which many article directories suffer from!

There are things such as people copying content, spam filled articles and such that I don't particularly want to administrate.

By hits on she told me I meant tracked hits form SheToldMe to Hubpages. I guess I joined that bandwagon too late!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)