adsense, google, amazon, etc

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)
  1. profile image0
    AphroditeisAloneposted 13 years ago

I just joined HubPages a day ago, and I'm still a a little nervous about signing up for all of these affiliate programs. Yes, I have read about them on the help pages, but I'm a natural skeptic and I'm asking if anyone has ever had a problem with them? Is it risky, does it ever cost money, etc etc etc.
    -Thanks for your time

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No they do not cost you money, they make you money. About $600 last month for me.

2. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Its free lol. It never costs money ever, and yes they do pay you, im getting a check next month.

~thranax~

PS: Would I be here for 2 years if I wasn't making money? Lol ^.^

http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/dolla-dolla-bills-yall.jpg

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

None of the affiliate programs cost any money.  I think you need to read their terms and conditions, as it sounds like you still don't understand how they work.

Also, as you have zero published Hubs, there's no reason to be worrying about them.  Several of the programs require that you have an established web presence, and you've not gotten that far yet.

1. profile image0
      AphroditeisAloneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks

3. DonnaWallace profile image59
    DonnaWallaceposted 13 years ago

You'll actually find that you do make money after a while. Stick with it, and you'll do great. Good luck.

1. profile image0

Thank you. I have applied for the amazon account, but I feel some of the questions are confusing. The hubs I am writing aren't exactly for business purposes, but many of the questions asked, like on ebay, involve that sort of thing. I'm kind of intimidated.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't have to sign up for all of them at once. Maybe start with Adsense?   But get yourself writing and posting hubs-- your approval depends upon having some content for the advertisers to apraise.

2. Spacey Gracey profile image39
        Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HP - I joined about 11 weeks ago, and I remember exactly how you feel. It was like reading another language. All I can suggest is use the search bar to look through old hubs and forum posted. There are some great beginners guides. Try searching for beginners guide to 'hubpages / adsense / amazon for dummies, that kind of thing. I can't remember which hubs and posts got me started as those first few weeks just went by in a bit of a blur. But so far any information I have ever needed was already hidden away somewhere on HubPages - I just needed to have a good dig around to find it.

Good luck - and have fun.

1. profile image0

thank you for the support Spacey Grady! It's refreshing to hear someone who relates to having trouble understanding it all. I will keep your comment in mind.

4. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 13 years ago

I would suggest you first start thinking about what you are going to write about in your hubs, because you will need content first and then once you start getting traffic then you can think about signing up with amazon, ebay, adsense and kontera.

It will be important to first study and learn as much as you can, read hubs, read articles, blogs, wikipedia, and continue to ask questions. Because you will need to be committed to at least 5 months of continuous effort before you can start to see a return from your hubs.

Hope this helps and welcome aboard!

5. kevintuga profile image60
    kevintugaposted 13 years ago

Hey I would suggest first like"Research Analyst" say to continue reading and learn more about that affiliate programs , because you have many options to how you can used them. I have a post to explaining all the basic things for Adsense but can be apply Ebay, Amazon and Kondera too.
    Promoting Affiliate programs is very good for our incomes.

6. Eileen Hughes profile image63
    Eileen Hughesposted 13 years ago

Like the others have explained, just write a few good content hubs first and read read read what others are doing look at the way other set up their hubs and learn from that.

We have all been in your shoes, and many of us felt the same as you when they started.  I still ask for help every now and then so do not worry.

Someone will always help if you ask with a problem. If someone does give you a hard time just ignore them and concentrate on the helpful people.
    As you see here from your post today many are willing to help newbies.
    Welcome to hubs  and start writing good hubs and have fun meeting people and making friends

7. wannabwestern profile image93
    wannabwesternposted 13 years ago

HubPages seems to be fine tuning its how to guides and I recommend you read them to get some of your questions answered. Some very successful hubbers are making a lot of money using these affiliate programs. My earnings are seasonal and drop off at various times of the year. I am not an internet marketer but I think it is worth while to try to make money on the site and after 2 years on HP I have been having some great days lately, considering I am not an internet marketer, am not writing about sex, and don't care to write about things I don't know about (mesothelioma, for example.)

The affiliate programs are not scams, but most people would be advised not to quit their day jobs either.

What gets most new people in trouble with Adsense is clicking on the ads they see in their articles. This is against the Google policies, so you have to be careful about that.

Good luck!

1. profile image0

thank you, Wannabwestern. For the adsense thing, what exactly are you saying, that if you click on the ads is ones own article they will be going against google policy? Thanks

1. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think I can safely answer that: Google Adsense TOS expressly prohibit clicking on one's own ads for any reason. There are also a fair amount of people who get in trouble because friends are trying to do them a "favor" by clicking on their ads, in which event it can be difficult to convince Google that this is not also some type of click fraud.

https://www.google.com/adsense/localized-terms

2. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely! Its the easiest way to get kicked off the adsense affiliate program, and they won't ever take you back on unless you change your name, bank and address. Not worth the hassle. NEVER click on your own ads and make sure your friends and family don't either.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's good advice. Enemies sometimes do click, also...

1. IzzyM profile image87
            IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's very true! Apparently its best not to tell anyone what you are doing...but..if you do get a whole load of clicks in an unexpected pattern it might be better if you contact google yourself and ask for them to be removed rather than lose your account.
            Google knows where the clicks came from. If its the same IP address, or even the same town (or country), they know.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)