Make a Wish, it will be Granted...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Well, Im not talking about any simple wish. I just want to see where your imagination can take you to. Lets play a mind game here:

Steps

1. Imagine you have the power to fulfill one of your wish. It can be a billion dollars or a lifetime achievement, it can be immortality or the ultimate wisdom. It can be anything!

Now when you are done with that, move to step two ->

2. Imagine you have the power to fulfill another wish. It can be a billion dollars or a lifetime achievement, it can be immortality or the ultimate wisdom. It can be anything! 

Now when you are done with step two, move to step 3 ->

3. Continue step 2 atleast ten more times.

Try to fulfill your wishes by following the maslow's hierarchy of needs, meaning: fulfill your basic & primitive needs first, then move to other materialistic needs & finally fulfill the upper ones.

***WHEN YOU ARE DONE, PLEASE WRITE DOWN WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF AFTER FULFILLING ALL THOSE WISHES.***

THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

having won the 40 million dollar australian lottery,.. meets all the needs I might have from the basic to the more complex or luxurious.

Where will I be? Possibly Monaco or ski ing in Europe.

Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, you dont want to be an immortal i guess & u dont want to have any super powers either? hmm

1. Jerami profile image57
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good point.  I'd have for the second wish  maybe good health so that I could get out and enjoy the money.

Maybe the next poster should add the third wish to be granted?

3. leeberttea profile image56
    leebertteaposted 13 years ago

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/3817/medium/461.jpg

I hope this comes true by lunch time!

4. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

I actually asked you guys to go for unlimited wishes & see urself after fulfilling all those wishes. Ok let me make this easy for you guys - Chicks, money, fame, power & all materialistic wishes are granted. Now what?

1. leeberttea profile image56
      leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Now to engage in unrelenting immoral self indulgence through unending sex and perversion all the while engaged in drunken stupor and feasting on the finest food in ungodly gluttony. until mind, body and spirit is broken and wasted, spent, used, drained and degraded and discarded in disgust, but oh, what a ride!

2. Jerami profile image57

I thing that I would eventually come to a place in life that I'd get tired of thinking of stuff to do.
         I'd want my own little world kinda like earth..  full of people... And be able experience their joys,pain etc through their senses being able to exit whenever needed. 
      Or experience them all at the same time it that is possible.

There wouldn't be anything more about life to experience than this.

Interesting, then what?

It would take an eternity almost before these people stopped thinking about "NEW" stuff to think and do that keeps  ME occupied. IF I got bored I'd have to expand my oppertunities by creating diffrent kinds of worlds with different kinds of people  doing diffrent kinds of stuff.

So you mean in a sense your ultimate wish is to become God?

That apeared to be the only final destination to the question presented if we were to continue having our wishes fulfilled??
                 Any other outcome would have been an incomplete answer would it not?

I could be wrong?  I thought that I'd help ya out coming to whatever point you are wanting to make.

Excuse me If I was wrong.

You couldnt help me better because I kind of end up in similar conclusion that if we continue to fulfill our wishes we will end up being God. Thats the exact point I was trying to make.

If we sum up, can we say that mankind's ultimate wish is to become God?

I am glad you ask the question in the first place. I thought I knew where it might lead. Is why I answered my first post the way that I did.
                    But then you ask us to "Come on widit" so I did.

I would say that Our unbridled wish would be to become God.
                  that should cause us to see how Lucifer must have "Don what he did" according to the bible.

OH YEA but ... we "Christians" get to look down on him for doin what he did.  RIGHT?  cause we wouldn't ever... right.
                  "NOT"   yea we   "DO"

sudden thought ??   Has anyone ever considered that Jesus might have died on the cross to cover Lucifers sins also?
                  That thought just came to mind.  What do you think ?

I dont support the idea that Jesus died to cover someone elses sins in the first place. But if you look at from that sacrificial point of view then Yes he could have died to cover lucifers sins too.

If our unbridled wish is to become God then dont you think that our this wish negates the importance of a physical heaven since we might not be happy under the supervision of a God as He will be fulfilling the materialistic needs but we might prefer to to fulfill much complex wishes and will decide to become Gods ourselves??

5. msann1949 profile image62
    msann1949posted 13 years ago

I don't want to be God. Right now I would like to be able to go to my sister in Houston, Texas and stay with her till she gets better. She just had hernia surgery, she is 61 yrs old. I cannot, because I do not have the money nor the time from work to take off. The one dream I have had for years is that I had enough money to pay off all of my bills, that would take about $60,000.  That is my two dreams. As far as the rest of my dreams, those would take care of the rest of the dozen or so dreams. I never want to be God, I just want to be an exceptable servant of His and please Him.

Ok, its quite simple but I was expecting this. Imagine its all granted. Then what? Will you just decide to die a simple death & let your family members die in front of your eyes? or do you choose to make a difference? Remember, you can have anything...

6. msann1949 profile image62
    msann1949posted 13 years ago

Nope, only man/women's sin's. He made a place for Lucifer and those that followed. Lucifer set out to destroy and to devour. Lucifer never has or will have what he wanted, nor is he going to forget where he is going.

I am aware of what is written in Revelation concerning Satan and his followers.  BUT ..  what if these verses are given the same leeway for interpretation as the rest of scripture seems to have been given?

How do we know what things are open for interpretation and which are not?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)