Any Market Samurai users got 5 minutes to help me out?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Spacey Gracey profile image38
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Just what it says on the title thread really - I've been using it for a couple of days and just really not getting it. I've watched the videos but I still need some help with getting started on a keyword at the beginning.

Anyway I'll wait for a volunteer and then try and explain myself a bit better smile

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Go ahead smile

3. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Thanks so much Misha - sorry its taken me a while to respond - I've been franticly typing and re-editing to try and get my point across without sounding like a moaning newbie.

I've watched their videos where they type in 'dog training' and ten clicks later they've found an untapped niche with great earning potential and little competition.

I know that was all worked out already as a demonstration, and I'm expecting it to take lots of work to find a profitable niche.

When I start with a keyword phrase, it generates around 200 keyword suggestions. But by the time I put in place filters for minimum SEOV (a meager $10) and max SEOC (50k), I'm being left with hardly anything.

So I am thinking that I need to be generating even more keyword phrase ideas. Should I go into each keyword phrase, open it in a new tab, then use that to generate even more keyword phrases, and then start filtering.

Or is the stuff I've been researching just too 'mumsy', 'homely' and saturated, and I need to do a bit of lateral thinking to come up with new topics.

In my former life I was a Project Manager & a Communications Manager and I thought I might be able to find some profitable niches there - but not having much luck.

Or maybe I just need to be patient and stick at it. I am determined to find a golden nugget this weekend while I have some child-free time to concentrate.

Sorry - I'm rambling. Thanks so much for your time. I really want to learn and don't expect to just copy some get-rich-quick formula.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

'I've been frantically typing and re-editing to try and get my point across without sounding like a moaning newbie.'

Gracey, don't ever feel bad that you are new to all of this. We all have skills, training in our career backgrounds, a knack for telling stories, all of us with unique ways to very much something to bring to the table.

What I am getting at is those of use that are here as online marketing folk, are all and always learning something (including me, I feel like I am on the worlds largest training program sometimes). The best aspect of various places I have used (and I am finding that especially here) is those who are giving of their wisdom and learned skills, for those whom have been around this game for a while.

You know the other good thing about this? Every single one of us started at this - $0.00 ( or in your neck of the woods - £0.00 )

smile

4. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Well, I did not watch their videos for quite some time - but to tell you the truth they should have been filmed quiet a while ago, cause since I remember myself in the internet marketing, every other guru uses "dog training" as an example niche LOL. So it has been already quite saturated four years ago, and I can't imagine how deeply it is saturated now. The only more saturated niche would be "blue widgets" probably lol

So, let's see how I do it, and then you might get the light bulb going comparing what you watched there and heard from me.

Now, after some hesitation, I think I am better off removing this part of my post. You read it already, and somehow I am not in the mood of giving it out to the whole universe. If you forget anything, just email me. smile

LOL It took a bit more than 5 minuets lol Good luck smile

5. thisisoli profile image69
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I think you should both try traffic travis, it's great for getting keywords, and judging traffic trends.

There is a free version out there which is fine for people new to the game as well smile

I tried market samurai after reading one of Misha's Hubs, it is a pretty useful tool, but I don't feel as if it brings anything new to the table, nothing that I feel I would get my money's worth for at any rate!

6. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

It is kind of crazy now.  If you try to go for an exact keyword in market samurai that seems good then your corresponding hub does not do so good.  Why?  Because I believe millions of people are looking at the same data and thinking that is a good keyword.  I am convinced there are no majic keywords left out there that will make you easy money.  It is all hard work now.  Sure pick a keyword with potential but you gotta work on it now to get it up the serps.

7. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Misha - thanks for your help. It took me so long to reply because I went and tried what you suggested and my laptop died for a while - I think we (my laptop and I) are both over-tired and over-heated.

Oli - I will take a look at that tomorrow, thanks. Does it look at the competition level for the top 10 results too, because that's the thing I've found really cool on Market Samurai.

Tile - I know what you mean but they way I'm looking at it is I need to catch up with the guys who have been doing this a while, then learn with them, so that I am ready to surf the next big wave.

Thanks guys - I appreciate your time.

8. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Hey Oli - i just went to download it and it says in the professional version it does the competitor analysis. do you use this? Are you able to compare it to Market Samurai at all.

1. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I cant see a competitor analysis button, never noticed it before at any rate, but my version amy be a little out of date.

I usually use SEO Analysis and see what the top 20 results are like competition wise.  You can also use keyword tools to look at overall search volumes. 

I find that these two in conjunction can make a pretty powerful tool for finding potential keywords, even with the free versions limitations!

9. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

I have traffic Travis Pro and MS - TT doesnt compare (IMO)- but it can take a while to get a feel for MS - the newer aff module is an amazing time saver. I dint really understand any specific questions in the OP - but it seems Misha covered it?

It does stink that that MS requires Adobe AIR - what a system hog! not surprised your laptop overheated. (TT and MNF work well on older systems)

..for the record - I prefer Micro Niche Finder out of all the common paid keyword tools - I have a poorly done hub that compares MS and MNF but its not fit for publication yet

1. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess I should probably spend more time on market samurai, I have a tendancy to avoid paying for anything that can be avoided with a little extra messing around though, guess it's jsut the Yorkshire in me!

2. Spacey Gracey profile image38
      Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh please publish it sunforged. I finally made my first $100 this month and I'm gonna reinvest it in a tool - but want to spend it wisely.

10. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Yorkshire boy..... I mean Oli smile When you say 'SEO Analysis' are you refering to a specific tool?

If I were to go the free route I could keep the free keyword research part of MS, then use SEO quake to look at the top 10 results of a search - but when I have been doing that before Google gets stroppy with me really quick and chucks me out for a couple of hours, and I really don't like to upset the savage beast.

11. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Thanks Jase - I can't believe how much I've learnt in the last 12 weeks!

Misha - No problem - glad I wrote down what you told me smile It has helped me generate some extra ideas and I am having fun playing with Search Assist and learning to combine the two. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me. I really miss that aspect of working in an office where I could grab a coffee with someone I respected and they would help me out by chatting over my ideas and their experiences.

I keep getting distracted by keyword phrases that I'd like to write about, but today I will be more focussed to find the right high traffic keyword phrase.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aye, my pleasure. wink

12. Kudlit profile image62
    Kudlitposted 13 years ago

Hi Spacey Gracey,

You know what, I 've been using market samurai for quite a while now and it's pretty cool toy. However, if you want a simpler tool that tells you readily whether a keyword page is profitable or not, easy to rank for or not, then I'd go for Micro Niche Finder.

I bought it last week and I'm not using it now. Why? Because there's so many keywords I've uncovered that I'm swamped with keywords to work on!

Micro Niche Finder totally eliminates the guesswork.

Note: You're not seeing an affiliate link anywhere in this post. I'm just a happy customer.

13. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Thanks Kudlit - I'll have a look at it now.

I think where I'm really week is assessing my chances of competing with the top ranking pages. I've found some keyword phrases today with 200+ searches per day, but I'm just not confident about getting on the front page - I've been guessing that so long as mostly the top 10 are PR0, 1 or 2 and they only have a handful of backlinks then it should be OK. Mostly what I've been doing is looking myself what Google brings up and thinking 'would my hub bring anything else to this party' - does that make sense.

How do you find MNF runs on your computer? MS keeps freezing up. My laptop is a couple of years old so maybe it is past its prime?

As you can see, by commenting on my thread you have totally volunteered yourself to be my new teacher and answer all my questions smile

14. Juiceyme profile image69
    Juiceymeposted 13 years ago

Are people really making money doing Internet Marketing. Do they have to shell out lot's of money to even get started? Do you have to be a professional WRITER. I want to learn. I want to make money on line. Where does a NEWBIE turn for help?

1. Pandoras Box profile image61
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow. I'm totally surprised the hawks haven't landed. Juiceyme the answer is a definite yes. Can you write? If so-so, can you learn to improve your writing? Can you learn how to do research? Do you have a reliable internet connection and access to a computer for several hours a day?

If so, then yes, you can do it. No, you need to invest no money, but later on (and only later on) as you learn more, you might decide to enhance your business with a few tools. Don't have to, but it will help to bring your business to the next level. To start off however, don't waste your money. You really need to learn the ropes before you go putting any money into the more advanced stuff. 

However, without any paid tools helping you, you can still make a fair amount of money internet or affiliate marketing. But it takes dedication, perseverance and alot of hard work.

HubPages is a great place to start. The interface is easy to learn, the site gets respect from google (important), you can easily sign up from adsense and amazon from your HubPages account, and perhaps the best feature of all is our great community.

There's alot of people here openly sharing their knowledge in internet marketing, (or most of their knowledge, I'm pretty sure everyone keeps a few trade secrets, lol).

You will not make money immediately, but if you stick it out and keep learning and applying what you know, you should be earning soon. It does start slow. Don't think this will replace your paycheck anytime soon.

15. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Juicyme I've read your hub and you do write well, and it sounds like you're on the right track.

I have not yet found any one place or person who does a good job at guiding us newbies into the process. So I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable recommending anyone or site at this time. But I'm sure people will be along, and all of them will have something to offer.

It's a little bit at a time, pick it up here and there kind of thing, for me, so far. So sorry I can't help you better there.

1. Juiceyme profile image69
      Juiceymeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pandora- Sorry I took so long to respond. I just figured out how to get to this area. LOL... You are so helpful. I'm going to keep on trying to do the best I can.

16. selffmade profile image60
    selffmadeposted 13 years ago

For any absoloute newbie, this is the site I recommend. His BLOG TV takes you from scratch setting a blog up and using the right plugins to get you first page rankings and he shows you exactly how he uses market samurai to get some killer keywords noone is grabbing yet. His site is here, if you want to check out the videos and he even takes you live into one of his paypal accounts... Who does that live? lol The real deal basically. Good luck to you out here--> http://iwillmakemoneybloggingtoday.com

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)