HOW CAN 1 DEVELOP HIS CREATIVE TALENT IN POETRY

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)
  1. billchucks profile image60
    billchucksposted 13 years ago

i think i have a little talent in poetry can someone suggest how i can develop myself

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All caps headings and no caps posts are not a great start.  I would suggest joining a poetry forum and taking part in critique threads.

2. Ivann profile image61
      Ivannposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Practice.
      Write about random thing start with nothing, start with words out of whatever appears in your head.
      (: Writing has always been inside each individual.
      You just need to push it out of your system and start with something you have most interest with.

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Are you sure you are up to the sort of answer your post Could Get here? hmm

'Developing yourself' - Ummm? hmm

Get your poetry highly ranked with SEs by writing with keywords within your poems. That also means that you are promoting your name as well.

Clearly no one knows who you are... and you have no fans yet.. so what have you done so far to resolve the problem? hmm

AND... IT Protocol - wise.... Get rid of your idea that writing in CAPS is a clever thing to do! It Isn't and it is taken by others to mean that you are YELLING AT THEM. Comprende?

3. Sab Oh profile image57
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

The answer is the same as with anything else: HARD WORK

4. mythbuster profile image71
    mythbusterposted 13 years ago

Aristotle's "Poetics" is the first book from this google book list and it's viewable online in it's entirety, billchucks - if you'd like to check out some classical instruction, details on rhetoric, and see what Aristotle has to say on a few genres:

http://books.google.com/books?id=tqYNAAAAIAAJ

It's not for all, but some people benefit from understanding the structure of things, from the ground on up.

5. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

read a lot of poets, males and females and mebbe take some writing courses

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. read a lot of different styles, read how other poets write. writing courses, a really good book with writing practices given. if you have a decent bookstore in your area or library, they often have writing classes or poetry nights.

6. mysterylady 89 profile image61
    mysterylady 89posted 13 years ago

I recommend going to hubber Winsome's site.  He is very creative.  Also try reading some of your favorite poets.

7. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

You Opened a thread and asked us to help you with advice which would help you 'Develop Yourself' - Yet you actually couldn't give a toss.. which is highlighted by the fact that you haven't bothered to respond to anyone who took the time to offer you some excellent advice.

Personally I find that extremely rude and it shows the quality of the OP in more ways than one!

Here's a little bit more advice mate...
    Poetry is about communication and the poet's ability to communicate his/her message across to others.
    It appears that you have unwittingly achieved that result;
    The message I get from you is: Don't Waste Your Time On Screamers and Fools!
    Thank you for the lesson.. Good Luck with your little talent.. roll

8. Ben Evans profile image65
    Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

Some people write poetry as a narrative but for the most part it is just a narrative.  Others write as a rant.  Some write a little rhyme.  There is no write or wrong way to write a poem.

While each poet has his or her own way of expressing poetry, there is something common about good poetry.  It is either expressive, beautiful, or evocative.

Here is a poet who expresses a picture and paints it metaphorically .............William Wordsworth's His poem "Daffodils".  would be good for you to read.

I am relating this to your poem "My thoughts for you".  You know what this is actually a good poem and you are developing metaphor and I would recommend that others read your poem.

What you will need to do to develop better poetry is to keep writing.   

The critique that I have is that the pictures you paint are not tied. You also need a little bit of work to make the readability better.  I think people your poem if they read it.

There are always some people who do not really know what good poetry is so just let that roll of your back.  (most people gave good advise)

1. Sab Oh profile image57
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"There is no right or wrong way to write a poem."

I dunno about that...

1. Ben Evans profile image65
        Ben Evansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is kind of saying.  I think as far as writing what I am referring to is that there is really no set rules.  Some people think that poetry must be written in meter and others believe it must be deep down emotion.  It actually can be written many ways.

Of course good poetry is done in a style that makes some one want to read it.

2. Ben Evans profile image65
        Ben Evansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I just read some of your haiku.  It is good.  Haiku and tanka poetry are very hard to master.

1. Sab Oh profile image57
          Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know I sure as hell haven't!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)