Making Money Writing Hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
    Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years ago

How many Hubs do I need to start producing monthly income from the affiliate programs?

Is it 500 good hubs, or 1000 plus hubs?

How much have you made monthly from your Hub pages?

1. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have 111 hubs and have been making an adsense payout every other month and an ebay one every month without fail.Around £100 a month and rising.Keep writing with good quality content,i notice you have over 300 hubs,are you not making money then?

Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not hooked up with Ebay. So are you saying that you make about $50.00 a month and have 111 hubs?

If yes, then is your money mostly coming from Ebay then?

2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's not really about numbers of hubs. There seem to be many hubbers taht have loads of hubs and don't earn very much at all. Misha is earning great with about 20 hubs - he's worked hard at finding extremely high volume keyword searches that have reasonable competition and then worked at getting them high in the search results through backlinking and promotion. Read his hubs on how he does it! This one is particularly good: http://hubpages.com/hub/Google-Keyword-Tool-Redefined

I'm doing ok with my hubs - about $400 a month at the mo - and I haven't got hundreds of them. It's about 40 of my hubs that earn me this, while the others earn nothing much. I just make sure I keep on learning so that my new hubs are far more likely to earn well. 

Good luck smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

There is no particular number.  I get a monthly payout from Adsense with 155 Hubs, but it took me almost a year to get my first payout.

You need to write on subjects people want to read about.  You don't need to write 'sales pitch' type Hubs if you don't want to - but if you can't think of something people would want to buy when they visit your Hub, you can be sure it won't make money.

If people arrive at your Hub just to read something interesting, they'll just read and move on.  If they come to your Hub searching for a solution to their problem or an answer to their question, and the ads on your page provide a solution/answer, then you'll make money.

I know and my score will go up higher if I'm writing things people want to read. I'm stuck on the paranormal for now. I am writing 'My Experiences with the Paranormal' it's a manuscript and each page is being posted to Hub pages. I noticed when I stopped writing about wardrobe, health, etc. my score fell. Instead I'm almost at 300 pages to my paranormal pages for my book. big_smile So many pages throws people off I think lol [sometimes].

I do love posting my pages to my book on Hub pages. It really has been fun but not for my score lol. After I write my book I can get back to all the single hubs people love so much that raise my score higher! Lol.

smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

So far, I've reached my first payout and made my second monthly payout last month. smile I just broke 100 hubs this month. smile

How much money did you get for one month and how many hubs did you have posted about?

An example for me was: It took me a year to make $100 dollars with 250 Hubs.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kimberly, I'm rather surprised you're asking these basic questions when you've already been here 15 months. 

Most Hubbers take nine months to a year to make their first payout so you're pretty normal.  After that it should start to snowball even if you don't write any further Hubs.

Thank you for your comment. I love the snow ball effect.

2. warchild75 profile image64
        warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Having looked at some of your hubs kimberly i would say that although well writen,im not sure that the keywords will be high paying and although a lot of them are niche hubs im not sure that people will click on the ads.Just my opinion,could be wrong!

3. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When I reached my first payout was in the month of May and I had roughly 85-90 hubs. I reached my payout threshold for June also.

So, I have had two back-to-back months of payout level of revenue.

I'm unsure if July is going to be the same, but could be. wink

2. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on the payout, Cags!!!

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much Lorlie. smile

4. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

keywords play an important role in your earnings. 10 hubs written after proper keyword research can make you more money than 100 without keyword research. And then SEO has its importance too.

5. Pandoras Box profile image59
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

I have less than 30 hubs which are aimed towards making money, and I'm doing alright. You know, for so little. I'll make close to $300 this month from amazon, if not more, and probably about $60 from adsense.

There's a great learning curve though. Dip yer feet in the water and splash them back and forth a bit to get a feel for the water, and read stuff from people like sunforged, Marisa Wright, Mark Knowles and others.

But be careful about whose advice you're following. ALOT of people write crap on internet marketing and don't really know what they're talking about. They're just regurgitating. The popularity of internet marketing to internet marketers is a fascinating aspect of internet marketing. But you know, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

You'll also find that most successful internet marketers will not really give away their biggest secrets. Cause that'd be dumb.

There's so much to say and learn on this topic that noone can really answer it for you in one post.

I will start you off with this. Everybody always says "just write about what you know". In some few instances, that may be great advice for making money via online writing. Otherwise, for most of us, it isn't.

Either one's areas of expertise are too narrow or too unprofitable. If you want to make real money via online writing, you have to be able to learn about new subjects people -lots of people- actually want to read about, and be able to effectively transmit what you've learned to others. That last part involves a whole lot more than just good writing skills.

It's a learning process. Look up sunforged for starters and read his stuff, but don't expect to learn it all at once. The most important thing is quality content that's in high demand. In other words, write good, informative articles about stuff people want to read about, or better yet, about stuff people want to buy.

If you want to establish a healthy online income, it can be done, but it takes commitment and patience.

Thank you so much for the wonderful and valuable information.

smile

6. Pandoras Box profile image59
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Whoops. Sorry I thought you were new.

Lol. I might as well be hahahaa!

big_smile

Anyways, you gave some awesome information that can help many.

Thank you for that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)