Writer's Block

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Pest profile image79
    Pestposted 15 years ago

Writer's block such a dismal display; to pen and paper my thoughts cannot play.  Expression of feeling entombed within; beasts of burdens, my ideas to speak I cannot say.

Writer's block, what is it for release that picks the lock?  A simple nudge of a long ago grudge?  Pain and sorrow, guilt or shame they are all one they are all the same.  Anger is the key that picks the lock for release.

I am brand spankin' new here and already I am at a loss.  I write a lot of humor...well that is what I call it.  Some just call my writing confusing. What do you all do when you hit a wall?  I masturbate a lot, eat corn chips and watch "QVC ", but that isn't working anymore!  I need help!

1. The Bard profile image68
      The Bardposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just looked at your photo Hub! Had me laughing aloud! Teddy bear?? I'm sure I met you In Maryland last October! You were the guy who towered over me in Walmart when I tried to knick your parking space!  How come you needed two?

I jest! You've got great Hubs, but I don't think you should masterbate too much - that's just for wankers! wink

2. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

Hi pest:)

Why don't you write a hub about your experinces of writera block!

I bet it would be very popular from what you have already said!

smile

3. Pest profile image79
    Pestposted 15 years ago

I posted my little prose as a hub but it said " substandard "...So I came to the people!

4. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

Add more words, pics..!!

I am looking forward to reading it now !smile

I may just request it from you cool

5. Pest profile image79
    Pestposted 15 years ago

More pics?  I have some newds of last years slip and slide Olympics, showering with a cat and the ill affects of ice water and sex.  ...  I have a new Hub topic!!!!!!!!

1. compu-smart profile image90
      compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Cool! smile Writers block does not last forever thankfully!
      smile

6. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

You can always check out the "Requests" or make your own requests (just up on the bar below HP title) if you have the urge to write but a tad out of sorts. smile

7. Pest profile image79
    Pestposted 15 years ago

Whaaaaaah?  I am too new here.  But I will check it out and figure it  all out ten days from now!!!

8. profile image0
    johnny yuma1posted 15 years ago

Pest,

It probably was to short.  I put up a poem a couple of days ago that was to short.  I think you should add a bit more to it and try again.  I bet it would do well.

Johnny Yuma

9. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

or you can add other poems, like a collection big_smile

10. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

I've had writer 's block lately. I've stared about 6 articles and haven't been able to finish any.

I'm also working on paying articles sites and graphic design. maybe I'm over extended?

Hopefully I can "unblock" myself soon.hmm
    anyone have some suggestions?

11. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 15 years ago

I have had writer's block a few times since coming here.  Don't worry about it too much.  It goes away.  If your poem was too short, try including some information about it.  Like how you felt, what inspired you to write it.  Like, "I have had writer's block, and I am frustrated about it all.  I can't write, so I wrote this poem."  Sometimes the only cure for writer's block is to keep writing, even if it isn't what you want to write.  I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but think about it.  If you just take a pen and a piece of paper and just write down anything and everything that pops into your head, no matter what it is, it gives you some focus, and practice for getting those good ideas out onto paper, or computer.  Even if it sound stupid.  I have done it, and it helps.  I sat down one day, with no ideas in my head for a few days about what to write about, and just sat there with a pen and note pad.  I wrote down every thought that popped into my head.  It looked something like this...

This is stupid.  I am never going to get anywhere this way.  Why can't I think?  It can't be this hard to write SOMETHING!  I'm hungry.  I wonder if we have any chicken?  I want a sandwich.  I miss being on my computer. 
    And it just went on and on.  It helped me think, and it helped me by giving me some practice getting my thoughts out of my head.  It helped me clear my head a little, giving me more room to think straight.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)