Terms and conditions question advice needed

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Aiden Roberts profile image68
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

Hi
    I have checked the Hubpages terms and conditions and the Adsense terms and conditions but am still unsure of what to do.

I have published a hub called Arthritis and sex, it is written to give arthritis sufferes advice based on experience of other sufferes, it does go into detail but I have purposely not added any images.

Adsense is not displaying on the hub so I assume I have breached the terms and conditions, if this is the case I will pull the hub immediately as I do not want to risk my account. I have unchecked the Adsense content terms as it is not really there to make money but then Hupages automatically states it's an unsuitable hub.
    There are other hubs on here that seem to discuss sex so ok with hubpages but no ads from google?

I guess I have two questions, can you be ok with hubpages TOC but breach Adsense and secondly should I pull this Hub as youngsters can read it.

I hope I have explained myself but I really don't want to upset anyone.

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Too much sex and HP HQ will err on the side of caution. By not displaying ads on your hub it means that you're not risking your account.

You can keep the hub up. Or take it down. You won't be able to earn money from Adsense, but you can still use Amazon products.

Aiden Robertsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Darkside, I really want to keep the hub up because it's an important subject, I have tried to remove most of the sex as Cagsil advised but it's still blocking ads.
        I am not really worried about income from this hub but I didn't want to risk my account, you have clarified that for me and put my mind at rest.
        Thanks again.

2. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you uncheck that box it removes the Adsense Ads.

My advice would be to put some amazon adverts up, and create more hubs on the subject which are adsense friendly. That way you can effectively drive traffic, and make product sales.

3. profile image0
      Norah Caseyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello Aiden,

I have reviewed your hub and determined ads will remain off at this time. In our FAQ, we have a list of reasons for ads being disabled.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#adsdisabled

Your hub falls under the second bullet point:
      - Content about sexuality, including losing your virginity, fetish, or LGBT issues

It is always best to contact us if you have any questions about moderation decisions. We don't always come across forum threads and altering a few words on this hub would not result in reinstatement.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

HubPages recently put a preventive system in place of disabling ads, rather than require the hub to be unpublished. It is possible that it has had ads turned off automatically and that a subsequent manual review will lead to ads being reactivated. You certainly can ask HubPages for a manual review.

Since HubPages TOS expressly require you to abide by the TOS of any affiliate programs, violation of one also leads to violation of the other. But again, disabled ads may not mean that there is violation, as it can be preventive as explained above.

Great thanks
      I think I will ask for a review.

3. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Here's the official announcement, Aidan:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/44355

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Irohner, very helpful.

2. Aiden Roberts profile image68

Excellent thank you, I will read it now.

3. Aiden Roberts profile image68

Thanks for that I think I am falling under no 3 at the moment so will wait and see as no warning is showing in my account.
      Thanks again very helpful

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Aiden, I think your problem lies in the wording of the hub.

You make reference to the word "sex" too much, when other words are available to use.

I ran into the problem when I tried to connect my Celebrity hubs together, because the word "sexy" was within the hub and in the title, and URL.

Hope that helped. smile

Thanks Cagsil
      I will go back in an edit a bit, see if that works.

Thanks Again

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile

Just been in and took quite a few "sex" out, sadly I am struggling for alternative words (how bad is that), have to get my theasurus out. Oddly the warning has come up now saying about the filters, ah well back to the drawing board.

Thanks again Cagsil smile

Hey Aiden, please remember, the filter is going to check your hub, whenever ANY kind of change is made, and that includes keywords as well.

The filter will check the hub.....so try to go on and edit it. When you make enough adjustments, the filter will automatically pass the hub even without a moderator checking the hub. wink

Oh right

I definately need the theasurus now, here in Blighty we use "jiggery pokery" but I don't think it travels well smile

Maybe there is a new thread in here somewhere?

I really do appreciate your time.

No problem. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)