All dogs are not evil!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)
  1. profile image0
    patience evansposted 13 years ago

You see I have a pit bull dog and he is NOT EVIL!!!One time an american bull dog bit me,so I'm saying its the way you train the dogs.If you treat it nice to the dog ,then you will have a nice dog,but if you treat it mean,then you'll have a mean dog.Also you need to make it use to kids or it will not and I mean not like kids.So i have proofed not all dogs are evil.

1. climberjames profile image57
      climberjamesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No not all dogs are evil . . . Cats however . .

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

dogs are not evil. no animal is evil. they kill to defend their territory, protect their young, to feed themselves, etc.

only Man kills for greed or lust or pleasure, which makes Man capable of evil.

but not animals.

2. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Dogs are not evil as such, however they are liable to follow their instincts as much as their training. I used to have a very well trained collie (sheep dog) who would follow every command to the letter, however if things got rowdy around him with kids shouting and play fighting with me... he would bite ME!

Dogs cannot be trusted 100%, even my soppy german shepherd I would not trust around strangers.. and as for my Rottweiler, I would never leave her with anyone, even though she was perfect with me and my family..

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with the German shepard.  I do not allow anyone near him until I have sat him down.  He is very protective but far from evil.

2. ScientificGear profile image60
      ScientificGearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. Dogs follow their instincts as much as their training. It's their nature to get distracted around a loud environment.

3. flounderingsahm profile image38
      flounderingsahmposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree more.  I had two boxers who where the biggest babies in the entire world!  Sweet things at home and with family members.  If we had other kids over playing in the yard and things got too loud, they would 'protect' the child who they thought was getting hurt.  The protecting would be one of them knocking the child to the ground and standing guard over them while the other circled them to keep everyone away.

It happened on two different occasions. Since then, they do not get free reign of the yard when people are over.  Dogs are dogs and instincts come out at the strangest times.

My brother owned a pit bull and she was also one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met.

3. rugsdynamic profile image60
    rugsdynamicposted 13 years ago

Totally agree that dogs are not evil and will follow their training, but they are still dogs and should never be left alone especially with children.

There are too many horror stories of the mild mannered family pet that turned on a child and left terrible scars.

People get so attached to their animals and never think that they would do such a thing, they can and do.

1. wychic profile image84
      wychicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or, people get attached to their animals and forget that they are canines and stop treating them as such. Sadly, pretty much every story about a child being mauled could have been prevented if the proper precautions had been taken.

Personally, I have never met an evil dog...I've met many very aggressive dogs, but then I've worked with a LOT of severely abused animals. Of all of the dogs I've worked with, APBTs are some of the biggest babies I've ever been around, they just want to be oversized lap dogs and soak up all the attention. From my own experience, I would feel much better having a pit bull around my kid than a Pomeranian around them, I've been bitten several times by the latter with no provocation whatsoever.

4. profile image52
    Sasha Tposted 13 years ago

Totally agree w/you. Have owned several APBT's, and yes...they are the biggest babies! Over-sized lap dogs indeed! Also the most loyal and lovable creatures ever!  I too was bitten by a dog, not of the "pit" breed,  when I was 17 yrs old, on my mouth and required 10 stitches. I had known this dog for all of my teen years. The APBT's I have owned in the past, were also great w/my children, as well as my elderly grandmother. I recently adopted an 8wk old female brindle APBT. She is now 12 wks, and will soon be enrolled in obedience classes. My roomate owns a 7yr old Lab, and a ten yr old sheperd, and they all get along great! There is also a 1yr old border collie who lives next door, and wanders over daily...they are the best of buds! All of them!  In my opinion, all puppies start out as these cute, innocent little creatures. It is the irresponsible, idiot people, that ruin this awesome breed >sad   I grew up with toy poodles that were more aggessive! So...Educate, don't discriminate!

5. lizmoss71 profile image58
    lizmoss71posted 13 years ago

Personally I would not trust ANY dog around my children. A well trained dog poses minimal risk I agree (especially if it is a small one) but I still wouldn't leave one alone with my kids.

My son had the wits scared out of him when he was 2 by an Alsatian jumping at him, and is now terrified of all dogs (who can blame him). The owners laughed when it happened.

I think that dog owners underestimate the risk these animals can so easily pose to other people. It only takes one moment of provocation or distraction for even the best trained dog to follow its instincts and attack.

6. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

What about that Dog in Wacky Races, he has quite a sinister laugh smile

1. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mutley, that was what I called my little mongrel, beautiful clever little girl..

7. profile image52
    KD Conversationsposted 13 years ago

i don't think that any dog is evil, it all boils down to how they are treated and what they have been senetized to.. If your dog has been brought up around noisy children it will be fine around noisy children if it has been locked away for a time then it will probably fear most things and that is were you get a dangerous dog. Most dogs that have attacked have been abused or locked away etc they only attack out of fear!!

8. Eternal Evolution profile image71
    Eternal Evolutionposted 13 years ago

Dogs are wonderful companions but all dogs need the corect leadership and supervision. I am a proud pit owner and many people hate my dog. he is a big baby. dogs follow their pack leader and that leader should be the human. with the corect training and socilization dogs are great pets. there are no bad dogs, just bad owners!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)