Not A Big Deal To Some, But Put A Smile On My Face

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

After two months on being here, finally got a full one Dollar day for all hubs from Adsense.

The first month here, I made $0.07 on AdSense, my second month I made $2.87 on AdSense, bringing the total to $2.94.

To put this into some kind of context, I have been on Squidoo for far longer and had around the same amount of hubs as I did Squid lenses, and made far less on Squidoo (Don't get me wrong Squidoo is a great platform too)

But since I've been on HubPages, I have learn't far more about Hubs, Keyword research, backlinking, AdSense and Amazon and promotion of sites, than anywhere else.

Here is to doubling that figure for month 3 smile

Not a big deal to some, but it put a smile on my face.

1. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about Squidoo's 'community'-if they have one, I mean-so I'm pretty happy with HP.  Making the big bucks?  Absolutely not!  I've made $10.55 in a year.  Pitiful, but money's not the reason I write, although I'm starting to learn more about the potential for income.
      I have a feeling I'll be receiving my first Google check when I'm around 60!
      (53 now! smile)

Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lorlie,

If you are only here to write for nothing but the sheer enjoyment of it. Then that is no less important to those of us who consider it a great way to make an additional income on the way to a full time one.

So here's hoping I 'retire' from the workforce BEFORE I hit 60, (I'm a ridiculously good looking 40 now big_smile

1. alternate poet profile image68
          alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Income !!!!   who gets income !!!  by your calculations with Lorlie I should have enough to retire on when I am 194 big_smile

2. lorlie6 profile image73
          lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indeed you are, KJ! smile

2. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Way to go Jase.  Onward and upwards smile

Why thank ya kindly timorous wink

3. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

Are you kidding me? I was excited to make my first 10 cent click lol ... I have basically made a buck a month if you average out what I have. It makes you feel good when you look and see that you have made a lil bit. I currently have 5.30ish in there lol

Awesome job hun and keep on trucking.

Nope, not kidding, I have made a 4.17 hit on Xomba for an article, my single biggest AdSense click on any platform on the web, and never achieved that kind of hit rate again on that site ever. As a matter of fact, I have made an additional 3 cents on Xomba. But traffic is traffic...

and thankyou pinkylee

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I once saw a $7 hit from Xomba! My biggest single hit has come from Hubpages, it was so big that I doubt it will ever been beaten by me unless Inflation in the western world reaches Zimbabwe levels.

I dunno Ryan, I think some hubbers here earn more than the GDP of say....... Uzbekistan big_smile , not including for inflation...........of course

1. forties profile image60
            fortiesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is an offshore Trucking jobs advert. Fortiesoilfields (UK) is currently seeking Heavy Truck drivers willing to work abroad on contract basis for 3 yrs term with relocation benefits and free housing to support the provisions of Jobs against the rising unemployment in the transportation industry. Send in ur resume/CV via email: jobs.fortiesoilfields@live.com

2. profile image0
        pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was being sarcastic about you saying it may not be a big deal lol ... I think it's awesome that you are doing so well. My biggest hit was like 3 clicks in one day lmao o'well It's a good thing i ain't here for the money or I would be worried.. Anyway congrats on such a wonderful accomplishment

HAHAHAHAHAH, laughing now for answering your sarcasm, with my sarcasm, and thanks again Pinky. The only hard part is I may need to write a hub on 'how to cure from writing so much, you now type with bloody hand stumps' big_smile

1. profile image0
            pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMAO that is too funny. and somewhat true.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

It's a huge deal and I'm glad you recognize that. When you start to realize that making real money online is truly possible, it gives you a lot of hope that you can have more independence and security in your life.

It IS a huge deal, hence why I am smiling. To go from $4.20 over several sites (including Xomba, as I mentioned to pinkylee) in 12 months, to making almost double that in 3 months on THIS site alone, shows me that there are ways and means to do it on the internet, to provide an income sufficient for the security and independence that I want to achieve.

That $100 hub is bubbling away nicely too, it may take some time, maybe a year or two, or longer but it will get there.

I learn, I ask questions, I apply the learning and see what works and what doesn't. This is what I am finding is key, when I find what works, rinse and repeat.

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

Oh a congratulations of course! Next step first payout, then monthly payout, then the world is your oyster!

(says in evil voice) yesssss...... that will fit right into my world domination plans......... jking.

Thanks very much Ryan. Thats essentially the plan for Adsense. Looking to get it right up there with Amazon sales too.

6. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Way to Jase!  Yes, it's a big deal - I'm about in the same spot.  $.02 the first month, but $1.60 one day this month and the last week have made something every day - up to $3.07 for the month.

To me it means that I'm doing something right finally and time is on my side to keep growing.  Fun to watch, and exciting as well as scattered clicks come in.

Now if I can just get off the adsense screen and keep writing... lol

Thankyou wilderness. I believe this is doing reasonably well, considering it is summer in the northern hemisphere, so most folk are out and about during the warmer weather (bloody freezing here today, grrr). I wonder if it will pick up a little more during autumn/fall in 3-4 months.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's what I hear from the old timers.  In addition traffic should increase considerably with more aged hubs.  At least that's what I'm counting on! smile

Well.......I will end up with a heap to age 'nicely' in that case, written twice as many this month as I did last month.

7. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

Jase, that is great!  Yes, it should be a big deal for you!!!

Thanks Jane,

It is, being an Aussie, was being a little sarcastic with the title smile

8. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

AWESOME SAUCE!

Here's a letter opener to neatly open the mail when Google's check arrives. smile

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_BRMr2D3unLI/S-w41SEr0WI/AAAAAAAAAL4/28RnzFGH-kE/s800/bunnyletteropner.gif

Thanks Ixxy,

swap that Bugs Bunny for a Dingo that doesn't eat babies.......and I'm all set when it happens.

9. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

You're already doing better than me in my first few months!

I think my first 3-4 months here averaged 5-20c a month.

Then I hit a $3 month followed by a $12 month and then went back down to $9.

However this month I've already gone over $20, WOOHOO!

So if we compare our data that means that by the time you get to where I am now, you should be making five times as much. big_smile

Well Lara,

I may have had a slight advantage in that initial time frame of 3 months. I have read, digested and often go back to those Hubs written by the veteran Hubbers and at least attempt to emulate their ways. Have also been very active with bum marketing.

Well done on the $20, is that from AdSense, or with Amazon as well?

10. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

Congrats KJ and keep writing for more smiles to come your way. http://i43.tinypic.com/et709t.jpg

Noice MG,

great pic smile

11. Ivorwen profile image64
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

Congrats! It is so exciting to be earning from something you enjoy! I am expecting my first adsense check any day now.  I think I am finally getting the hang of this thing!

Yeah I do enjoy it here, I have always liked to write and even had delusions of writing fantasy novels. Well, may get back to those novels......in a few years yet.

So this site suits me and the way I like to write and present information for others. So I will be around for quite some time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)