Foretelling Dreams

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (44 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sandieganlizposted 13 years ago

There isn't too much topic on dreams here, but I was wondering if anyone has any dreams which can be interpreted as visions. I am searching the forum to discuss dreams, but see there are few. I will look for hubs to read about it, but how do I search for hubs on that topic? On my way to HubExchange or whichever forum helps me navigate this site!

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have had so many revealing dreams is not even funny. The most impressive happened when my father died. I was camping with my mother and sisters. My dad had stayed in the city. Where we were we had no contact with him, or anyone for that matter. The morning after our arrival, I told my mother I had had a strange dream - I saw myself standing in the kitchen of my father's house. He had two heavy suitcases and was waving goodbye to me, telling me he would still be watching over me from where he was. About twenty minutes later, we received a phone call in the camping site office. The message came from a third person, not a family member, and when they told us the news they said my grandfather had died. My mother, who already knew I could see and sense spirits, knew better. We made plans to leave at once and we headed back to my house. When we got there our neighbor confirmed it had been my dad who had past away, not my grandfather. There was no way of knowing this would happen. He was in good health. My father was found by my stepmom in the morning. Apparently he woke up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water and died of a heart attack - in the kitchen. I was only ten years old.

1. profile image0
        sandieganlizposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! That's amazing, and I'm sorry to hear of the heart-shattering experience, even if it was awhile ago! Thanks for sharing!!

2. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They're called hits and misses, klara. Sometimes you're right, often you're wrong.smile

1. profile image0

Beelzedad, you can call it what you want...   but coincidences can only happen so many times.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

Hits and misses happen all the time, no special powers required. In other words, sometimes we're right and sometimes we're wrong when we guess at things. As I said before, it's always the hits that people focus on while usually ignoring the misses. smile

1. profile image0

I have never dreamt of my father waving goodbye at me before, or after that day. Hmmm... coincidental that it happened a few hours after his death. Ok... I don't want to burst your bubble...
              By the way, did you catch the meteor shower last night? I was out there like an idiot and didn't see anything, even though it was a clear night. Disappointing! sad

We all dream and think and visualize things happening to the people we love, good an bad. It's in our altruistic nature to do so. Had your father instead been sent on a business trip, you probably would have thought that to be a psychic event.

Sure, and a person who was a passenger on the Titanic had a dream of ship sinking before they left. Are we to believe this was a psychic event or the fact that they were thinking about ships?

Sometimes you get hits and other times misses. wink

1. profile image0

There is symbology associated to dreams that speak specifically to the dreamer. You can't think every dream is a premonition of something about to happen. But if you pay attention to your own dreams you'll get to understand the symbols and how they relate to your subconscious mind. I believe we all share a universal consciousness and we are able to link our thoughts from time to time in a split second.
                  For example, right now... your stomach is growling... I can hear it all the way here in Miami. LOL
                  Did you get to see the meteor shower or not?

1. Rishy Rich profile image72
                    Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I often see 2 strange dreams...Im going to write down one of them & depending on ur answer I might disclose the second one as well.

Dream one: I go to a beautiful place with my family. Then suddenly a bunch of Royal Bengal Tigers arrive out of nowhere. Every member of my family starts screaming, runs wherever they can. The finishing part is vague but it seemed to me all of my family members managed to escape from those tigers but may be I couldnt. Not necessarily I died there, but Im certain my mom & others couldnt trace me cause I fall apart from them & they were all worried about me.

I have seen this dream couple of times. Any idea what could this mean?

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Sorry, but we are all individuals with individual brains and thoughts and feelings. They are not transmitters and receivers.

Wrong again, I ate 2 hours ago. Hits and misses, and so far a number of misses. smile

2. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a hub about an experience I had that started off with a dream.

Also, back years ago, my husband had an uncle who lived just down the road from us.  Uncle Howard was paralyzed and had both legs amputated.  He was crazy about my son, and my son was crazy about him.  My son wasn't but 7 years old but he would go into Uncle Howards bed room and talk with him for the longest time.  One night, in the wee hours of the night while my son was sound asleep in his upstairs bedroom, my husbands cousin came, whispering, telling us that Uncle Howard had past away.  The next morning my son got up and told me that he had the strangest dream.  He dreamt that Uncle Howard had walked into his bedroom and told him that he was fine, but he was going away.

1. profile image0

Awwwwwww!!!

3. pylos26 profile image72
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

A lot of kooks think dreams are messages or visions from some diety. Pitty.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Just be aware that the really good dreams may be due to sleep apnea. Serious, been there, done that.

1. profile image0

Please explain?

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oxygen deprivation.

1. profile image0

Ah... I see. But not when you are having a revelation that can be proved after waking up... such as my experience and the experience of stilljustwondering. I don't think that would be the effect of oxygen deprivation.

3. TINA V profile image68
    TINA Vposted 13 years ago

I wrote a hub entitled DREAMS: What Does it Possibly Denotes? 

Here’s the link: http://hubpages.com/hub/dream-denotes

Just check it out. Enjoy your week!

4. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago
  5. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I love dream interpretation, there is definitely something about our sub conscious mind that is a resource untapped.. some dreams have given me foresight into future events but some can be put down to coincidence and fragments of thought left over from the waking day

6. Beelzedad profile image58
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

Hey klara, it's Saturday. How did my prediction of your weather turn out? Was it a hit or a miss? smile

1. profile image0

I don't know what prediction you're talking about. Was it a mental prediction that you tried to pass on to me? Because I never read anything!
      I asked you about the meteor shower SEVERAL TIMES and you never replied. Ah! If it's not something you can argue about, you don't even bother to answer it.
      How was my prediction of your digestion? Did you get gas? big_smile lol

xoxoxo

I predicted you would have cloudy weather with occasional showers, possible thunder showers, as you were talking about your weather.

Sorry no, I did not see the meteor showers.

I don't think so. smile

1. profile image0

It hasn't rained since my birthday on the 10th. wink

Really, even though the Miami Weather report has shown at least 5 cm. of rain every day since? Hmmm... smile

1. profile image0

What are you talking about? It started raining about an hour ago. I don't know if you've ever come to Miami but it's a pretty big city. It hasn't rained where I live and as far as I know, it hasn't rained anywhere close in the last four days. I know because I've had to water my plants! You make a terrible psychic Beely!  Stick to taking photographs of stars! wink xoxoxo

I was checking the weather reports for Miami. Nothing psychic about it at all. Science, actually. smile

1. profile image0

well, your scientific prediction was WRONG... no rain! wink
                  Did you do something different? You look different. Did you trim the mustache a bit? Looks good! wink

Then, I suppose the Miami weather reports were lying and you are telling the truth. smile

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

At the risk of my having reputation shot to pieces, I will reveal that not only have I dreamt of quite a few major catastrophes that happened in my life, sometimes a few years before they actually happened, but that I continue to dream vivid dreams that seem totally unrelated to reality. I'm not a witch or some kind of mental visionalist, but I would like to point out that even scientists agree that we only use 10% of our brain's ability.
    What happens with the other 90%?

1. pylos26 profile image72
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Apparently, the other 90% is consumed by stupid senseless dreams.

I believe I have experienced exactly what you are describing in your dreams lzzym, I am certain that my dreams are senseless visions of sometimes uncomfortable rubbish. 

However, I am delightfully entertained infrequently with a “wet dream”.

2. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is not easy to dismiss dreams. They come from that part of our sub-conscious mind that is as you say still fairly unknown.

I am a post Jungian who spent many years learning dream therapy, I got used to waking every night for 3 years at 3pm precisely to write them all down.
      I did gain some insights from them. smile

I believe with a thorough analysis of our individual archetypes and symbolic life first, we can, (with great care not to go to war with the gods of the subconscious) learn about our fears even to the point of removing them. smile
      Modern Dream therapy can be effective.

Dreams that foretell are seldom proven, but not proven to be wrong either as far as I know. It may just be possible.

1. profile image0

Interesting because I've been having a lot of dreams of tidal waves, and from past experience, my dreams appear to come true...but, last night I dreamed of a dinosaur chasing me because he smelt my blood...not realistic in this time...past time?

3. Beelzedad profile image58
  8. profile image0
    sandieganlizposted 13 years ago

THANKS for the links to read more about dreamz!!! Definitely helps out, and I enjoy reading about it. Wooo!!! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)